Tone Matched a Violin

bonewax21

So i was messing around trying to find some good songs to tone match and was listening to some inflames. One of their songs called Starforsaken starts with a violin at the beginning. I remember eric johnson saying he was always trying to emulate a violin with his sound so i said, he lets tone match a violin and see what happens. Sure enough this sounds a lot like mr. johnson. Not saying ive done anything revolutionary but its a pretty cool tone so feel free to mess around with it, maybe a little more presence/treble. Enjoy!

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3772

Last edited:
By chance have you recorded a clip of you using it? Sometimes presets sound completely differently on other peoples gear/fingers...would be cool to hear what the original sounds like.

I would like to hear a recording too. It sounds quite strange playing a Strat with Dimarzio Area

I think this is an old preset that someone else created... I have one with the same name, and looks eerily similar, dated from 2013...

So bonewax is trying to take credit for you/Simeon's work? I thought it was Simeon...couldn't remember though.

So bonewax is trying to take credit for you/Simeon's work? I thought it was Simeon...couldn't remember though.

Taking credit for someone else's preset? Thats funny. This was tone matched from Inflames the song is called star forsaken and has a violin at the beginning. I can upload a sound clip later today.

Also if you want the sound clip go to this youtube video and go to the 9 minute mark. Thats where i tone matched the violin.

Well, if that's the case I will formally apologize, but I would first like to ask when you created this? I'll check it out tonight...

Well, if that's the case I will formally apologize, but I would first like to ask when you created this? I'll check it out tonight...

no worries :)

it was created on the date of the thread. Its also on the axe exchange on the same day. Like i said in the initial post i didnt do anything revolutionary and some other people have probably done the same thing.

yeah I'd kinda like to hear a clip of yours because it didn't sound too great on my end and I'd like to know how to tweak it better. also, you should probably edit your axechange post because you mention dark tranquility a couple times instead of in flames ;)

yeah I'd kinda like to hear a clip of yours because it didn't sound too great on my end and I'd like to know how to tweak it better. also, you should probably edit your axechange post because you mention dark tranquility a couple times instead of in flames ;)

the tone match is really just a foundation to work with. It probably wont sound amazing right out of the box. A little tweaking here and there on the eq and maybe add a drive block would really make it sing. Yes i did get the bands wrong and i have edited my original post to reflect that.

Back
Top Bottom