Tone Matched a Banjitar??

Donsimpson12

I don't own one or else I would be trying to do it myself.

But.. Has anyone Tone Matched a 6 string Banjo ??
Also called a Banjitar.

If so, would you mind sharing??

Thanks,
Don

Been trying to build a decent banjo preset forever, but as M@ says it's way more than just FR.

If you (or anyone else) has any luck doing what seems to be the impossible I would completely appreciate you sharing. :)

I id that using an IR sometime ago I found online. The result more or less sucked until I altered my playing to make "banjo-like". I palm muted everything mainly. Then I got something that, lost in the mix, passed for a banjo if you weren't listening too closely! :D

I'm a multi-instrumentalist in my band, Bella Cain (Country, Top 40). Besides electric guitar, I play 5 string banjo (Scruggs style with the thumb/finger picks), even on songs that were played with 6 string banjo. For example, "Country Girl, Shake It For Me" by Luke Bryan. All the modern country stuff uses 6 string banjo with a flat pick. Regardless of your banjo, you have to have maintain the tension of the head. Mine is tuned to 12 kg/cm with Neary Drum Torque + drum key. If I don't maintain the head tension and keep fresh strings, the signature plunk is dulled. I use a Fishman banjo pickup, a National thumb pick, a 2 Dunlop nickel finger picks. The banjo head is a giant microphone, so you have to find the problematic frequencies with EQ and notch those out. Don't play with monitor wedges, in ear monitoring is the way to go. Since you have a Fractal, you already hopefully have a quieter stage volume. If you're reading this I hope you have made the decision to actually get a real banjo. Happy pickin'

Back
Top Bottom