Tone Match Video "Basics" using tracks over USB to tone match

Great vid Dojo, Question... How important is the guitar tone in this process? meaning if you have a guitar with a different timber even though it may be a single coil or hum bucking pickup type of tone that your trying to match will this have an effect on the end result? I'm guessing that this is what the local reference tone is for in the matching process?

Great vid Dojo, Question... How important is the guitar tone in this process? meaning if you have a guitar with a different timber even though it may be a single coil or hum bucking pickup type of tone that your trying to match will this have an effect on the end result? I'm guessing that this is what the local reference tone is for in the matching process?
It varies. If you know the tone is a single coil then it would be easier to match it using a single coils and then switching to humbuckers for other parts that you know are humbuckers. When I did my Police Synchro II TM I settled on one "bridge pick up" tone for the main part but there were obviously 3-4 different guitar(s) pickups (single coil) that Andy Summers was using. I also tried the main part with my neck pick up and it worked good too. (its in the mix)
With all that said, you will be blown away once you start giving a try.

It varies. If you know the tone is a single coil then it would be easier to match it using a single coils and then switching to humbuckers for other parts that you know are humbuckers. When I did my Police Synchro II TM I settled on one "bridge pick up" tone for the main part but there were obviously 3-4 different guitar(s) pickups (single coil) that Andy Summers was using. I also tried the main part with my neck pick up and it worked good too. (its in the mix)
With all that said, you will be blown away once you start giving a try.

This is good news... I was wondering and without owning an Axe II all I can do is listen at this point and guess. Thanks for the heads up, you confirmed what Groovnut posted in his AC/DC tone match thread.

Have I missed something? When I plug the AXE FX into my computer, it becomes the sound device. If I have headphones in my axefx, go to youtube and play a video, I can hear it through the axe. Doesn't that mean if i'm tone matching I can just start the youtube video and hit record on the tonematch in the axe? Why save it and go to another app like Audactity?

Back
Top Bottom