Tone Match to IR conversion

ssmorga78

Experienced
Ok, so who still has an Axe FX 2/XL/XL+ that wants to do a Tone Match to IR conversion for a fellow forum member? I found a killer Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit patch that the author uses a Tone Match block for a few Scenes inside the preset and I need it converted to an IR file so that I can set is as a Y state in my Cab Block so I can make the patch useable on the AX8.......

Has to be done on the Front Panel of the unit itself. Load the Preset with the Tone Match block or do your own Tone Match, then go to the Export Menu in the Tone Block settings on the unit. You should see an option there to save it to a Cab Slot on the Axe. After you do that, it's just as simple as plugging the Axe into the computer, using AxeEdit to pull up Cab Manager, find the location where you saved the Tone Block to, and save it to your computer.

I've exported a few cabs to IRs in the past using the front panel, but the resulting IR is always very quiet (low volume) in relation to other IRs. Not sure why, but it deterred me from doing this more often.

Back
Top Bottom