Tone Match question

Hi there, I'm only new to axe 2 and have been trying out some of ola englunds tone matched presets. The thing is that when I try them they sound really shithouse compared to the original and this goes beyond the obvious difference in guitar, pickups and so on. I heard another user on here using olas mark 4 preset and it sounded amazing. Is there a setting I have to use or something to adjust?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah I know what you mean but I tune to drop c and have a 7 string as well and it sounds really crap. I will try yours out.

You have to take into account a couple of things here but the main one is working out the correct gain settings. You may have a 7 string, but different pickups will make a massive difference.

Also, have you got any global EQ settings on your Axe? Trust me, I've downloaded several presets since owning my axe only to discover that they sound a bit... Dull and lifeless. Even a preset I got from Devin Townsend sounded nowhere near as brilliant as it did on his 'Addicted!' album.

You must take into account your guitar, pickups, EQ and post production mastering. Other user's presets will give you a great starting ground, you just need to play around and tweak a bit sometimes :)

Reactions: Jax
You need to take into consideration that you're only hearing one guitar track while you play it. If you are trying to use the tone matching feature for recording then try recording a couple different guitar tracks, drums, bass, and then do some mastering. Even if you just use the simple stock mastering softwares of programs like Logic it'll add a lot of depth to the tone.

Thanks heaps guys for your responses, like I said I'm only new to tone matching. I think also I have KRK Rokit 6's which are pretty bassy as well.

Back
Top Bottom