tone match question, please look...

Dudeskin

Inspired
Hi all.
so, ive finally sold the amp (6505+) that the axe fx is replacing, but i thought it would be fun to tone match it before it went.

i understand how roughly too do it, output from axe fx into amp, etc but i only have a SM57 and no mic preamp or anything, or a latching footswitch like ive seen in the tutorial.
what do i need to do?

can someone give me a basic laymans run down of what to do without too much technojargon hahaha.

cheers

Joe

What do you usually plug the SM57 into? Mixer, audio interface? You can plug the mic into a mixer or audio interface then out from the mixer/interface into the Axe. Don't worry about the foot switch, you can control everything from the front panel.

Is it imperative that you have a mic for tonematching a real amp head? Because if so wouldn't it be impossible to tonematch an amp into a subjectively neutral/ fully accurate model? Sorry to add a question to your thread I wasn't savvy enough to bother to TM my engl SE before I let it go to fund my axe fx 2.

Yeah, i've seen the vid. Just goes through as if i know what he is talking about haha.

So, if i use the mixer at the practice room, that would be ok?

Ill take an ir of the orange cab they have there too,mmmmm.haha.

Is it imperative that you have a mic for tonematching a real amp head? Because if so wouldn't it be impossible to tonematch an amp into a subjectively neutral/ fully accurate model? Sorry to add a question to your thread I wasn't savvy enough to bother to TM my engl SE before I let it go to fund my axe fx 2.

If you have a speaker load box with a line out, you could tone match from that without a mic.

Back
Top Bottom