Tone Match Problems [Solved]

josephyballew

Inspired
I am getting distortion from tonematch. I am using Sonar Platinum and set it to 32 bit. Use the USB of Axe as audio interface. My audio levels are correct. Also I try to reset and it will not reset. I start the reference tone and it seems to be good. I do my local tone and then tone match and distortion. I tried to reset and it will not reset. I did change the reference source to USB1/2. Even if I am doing something wrong, it will not reset.

Last edited:
Correction, I am getting distortion and cutting in and out. Sonar changed automatically because I generally run at 64 bit. To me it sounds like it is set to the wrong bit rate plus the Reset does not reset.

I think you don't understand the purpose of the Tone Match block. Also, reset resets the parameter values. I don't know what you are expecting reset to do.

My sampling rate is 48000Khz 32 bit and I am using Asio driver that Sonar sees. I think I have everything right on my end. The Axe will not reset on the Config or the monitor page. The Axe sound great in sonar except doing this tone match.

I think you don't understand the purpose of the Tone Match block. Also, reset resets the parameter values. I don't know what you are expecting reset to do.
I record a ref from an isolated guitar. I chose the amp that was used in the recording put the tone match block after the amp and played that in. I did a stop and start on both and the reference was set to USB on the config page.

That's not what reset does. It only resets the parameters. There is no need to "clear the reference and the local things that I did". Just start again.
I tried to do a new reference and new local and it will not clear and there is distortion, cuting in and out. The tone match block is the only place this happens. I see that the clear only does the parameters but still does not solve the problem

I tried to do a new reference and new local and it will not clear and there is distortion, cuting in and out. The tone match block is the only place this happens. I see that the clear only does the parameters but still does not solve the problem
You are getting stuck on the reset, not on the problem. I was incorrect what the reset did. I get that it only clears the parameters to default. When I tried to do another tone match to overwrite the one that was distorted, it was still distorted and the same. I believe it is a bug here.

When I do a new match both graphs change but I am still getting distortion. My driver setting are Asio 48000Hz 32 bit. I generally run at 64 but Sonar changed automatically. My audio levels are good. I can record into sonar when not using tone match and all is good.

When I do a new match both graphs change but I am still getting distortion. My driver setting are Asio 48000Hz 32 bit. I generally run at 64 but Sonar changed automatically. My audio levels are good. I can record into sonar when not using tone match and all is good.

If my settings in Sonar were wrong, it would be distorted all the time when recording. Just check it out on your end.

I record a ref from an isolated guitar. I chose the amp that was used in the recording put the tone match block after the amp and played that in. I did a stop and start on both and the reference was set to USB on the config page.

What are you trying to accomplish?

WHAT Is your "ref from isolated guitar"?

What are you trying to accomplish?

WHAT Is your "ref from isolated guitar"?
I was doing a tone match to the into to Ticket to ride when there is just guitar there. I used AC 20 as my amp. I recorded the recording of ticket to ride as my ref and did my local with the ac20 and then tonematch. I did have my Reference source as USB.

I even went in and bypassed the tonematch and recorded that in Sonar and that sounded good for not having a cab. Then used that recording as the local, and still sounded high pitched distorted and out of phase. If my Sonar was set wrong the recording would have been bad also.

I use the Tone Match block at least several days a week. Works flawlessly for me.

Then it has to be something I am doing wrong or just my unit. This is the exact details of what I did, recorded ticket to ride into my Sonar and looped the intro part just where the isolate guitar is. I have my input and output set to the Axe USB 1. I also have my reference source on the Axe set to USB1/2. I turn on the loop of ticket to ride not too have any dead silence and start the ref on the tonematch block. Wait about 20 sec and press stop. The first time around on the local I just had my ac20, the tonematch, input and output as my patch and just played live and did my local that way. When that did not sound good. I muted the tonematch block and recorded just the amp into sonar and that sounded fine. Then used that as the local, then tone match. Still sounded bad. My levels are good both recordings are good. I noticed all the tone match videos that most recorded their local into their DAW, then used the recording as the local. So if it is not my unit, what am I doing wrong?

Back
Top Bottom