Tone match level question

marshall2553

Power User
I tone matched my amp recently by following the instructions in the tone match manual, using the line out from a load box. When I switched back and forth between the local and reference source it was very close in both tone and volume. I could also bypass the tone match block and my levels stayed consistent.

I then exported the tone match to a user cab and tried using it in a preset. Now when I enable the cab block my volume drops considerably compared to when it's bypassed. I get the same result if I load the tone match in the IR player block. Is this normal or could I have done something wrong while capturing the match? I've since tried a couple more times with the same result. Obviously I can make up for the volume drop, but it seems weird especially considering there was no drop when using the TMA block.

I have experienced the same, except tone matching from a direct signal from an isolated guitar track. Exporting the TMA block to a cab resulted in something like a 6dB decrease in levels.

Back
Top Bottom