Tone Match Issue

Variable

Inspired
I realize there's probably an answer in all the tutorials out there, but following them I ran into this issue. Here is my signal path:

Code:
Guitar -> Axe3 Input 1 -> Amp Block 1 -> TMA (set to Input 2) -> Cab Block -> Output 1
                       -> Output 3 -> Guitar Amp -> Fryete PS2 Load Box -> Input 2

What's happening is when I turn the amp off of standby, I get this high pitch oscillation. I know that the load box is working because I can run straight to the amp, load box, and to a Cab Block and it sounds great. Somewhere it seems like a signal is being duplicated, but I can't find where (and I'm not copying any outputs in the I/O settings). I know I'm missing something, but not really sure what.

I realize there's probably an answer in all the tutorials out there, but following them I ran into this issue. Here is my signal path:

Code:
Guitar -> Axe3 Input 1 -> Amp Block 1 -> TMA (set to Input 2) -> Cab Block -> Output 1
                       -> Output 3 -> Guitar Amp -> Fryete PS2 Load Box -> Input 2

What's happening is when I turn the amp off of standby, I get this high pitch oscillation. I know that the load box is working because I can run straight to the amp, load box, and to a Cab Block and it sounds great. Somewhere it seems like a signal is being duplicated, but I can't find where (and I'm not copying any outputs in the I/O settings). I know I'm missing something, but not really sure what.
can you post your preset?

I managed to figure it out. I was using the 1/4in line out on the PS2. I switched over to the XLR line out and into the Input 2 XLR and that did the trick. Seems like it was a line balancing issue somewhere in the chain.

if it’s any help, I had a similar issue with an amp going into the LB-2 Fractal load box that was ultimately fixed by engaging the ground lift switch on the back of unit. That way I could go back to using input-output 3 or 4 at unity gain

High frequency ground feedback loops are common with load boxes. That's why they usually have ground lift switches on them.

High frequency ground feedback loops are common with load boxes. That's why they usually have ground lift switches on them.

Makes sense. I did try the ground lift switch before moving over to the XLR out but it didn't make much difference. I guess that's why XLR was created :)

Back
Top Bottom