Tone Match issue - Reference Solo switch keeps reverting to ON

MESApotamia

Hi all,

This is my first post as just received the Axe FX III yesterday. I'm not sure if this is a bug or user error at this point. The search feature didn't throw up any matches for this specific issue so I've tried to do my due diligence.

I've selected the tone match preset #382 and attempted to followed the 7 page Axe Fx III tone match manual for Matching a live amp (mesa mkIII combo). I'm not mic'ing it up so its just routing the preamp via Axe FX Output 3 and Input 3 and then routing Output 1 back to the mkIII's fx return.

When I try to turn off the 'Reference Solo' button to listen to the 'Local' in either Axe Edit or Axe FX III itself I just get this millisecond of the Local sound from the amp model and it reverts immediately back to the Reference sound. The difference is that on the Axe FX screen it shows the Reference Solo as 'OFF' whereas always jumps to 'ON' in Axe Edit.

Hopefully all that makes sense. I appreciate pictures might be easier here but time isn't my friend today!

If anyone can advise further it would be appreciated.

Thanks

**Forgot to add I'm on FW 4.03 and latest version of Axe Edit.**

Last edited:
...is the absolutely correct prognosis. Thank you. Can't believe I didn't consider this earlier.

It came like that right out the box from G66 but I don't imagine it's the default setting in the firmware? Looks like it was set up for momentary A/B'ing.

...is the absolutely correct prognosis. Thank you. Can't believe I didn't consider this earlier.

It came like that right out the box from G66 but I don't imagine it's the default setting in the firmware? Looks like it was set up for momentary A/B'ing.
That might be the default so you can A/B with a footswitch.

Back
Top Bottom