Tone match for AX8

emir

I would like to tone match my drive sound from my real guitar amp and import it as a preset in my AX8. Can i do that with cab lab or other software ? Thanx.

I would like to tone match my drive sound from my real guitar amp and import it as a preset in my AX8. Can i do that with cab lab or other software ? Thanx.
Nope, you need an AxeFx 2 or 3 to generate the tonematch. Now, if you borrow one to do the match, you can convert it to a cab ir (AX8 doesn't have tonematch block) and use it in the AX8.

Thank you very much. I was hoping there is a way but... So I could also send my file to someone with axe II to do it for me ?

You can do it from within your DAW. Record your take without a cab model. Use something like Izotope Ozone to generate the "matched" EQ, and Voxengo Deconvolver to create a sweep WAV. You'll export the audio track so the sweep is running through the matched EQ (watch the levels, they clip easily) which will then create a WAV of your new EQ curve. Voxengo will then convert it to the IR format. You will also need CabLab to convert the IR file to syx. Then import the cab file to your user cab folder.

I am working on Mac and Logic pro so I have everything i need. Cant use Voxengo because it is not made for mac. So i did first steps and I did mached the tone perfectly and i am stuck ;-) I have Logic IR utility for next step but I just dont know what do do next.

I am working on Mac and Logic pro so I have everything i need. Cant use Voxengo because it is not made for mac. So i did first steps and I did mached the tone perfectly and i am stuck ;-) I have Logic IR utility for next step but I just dont know what do do next.

So..after I made eq match I am trying to to create a sweep WAV with Logic IR Utility and I dont know how.

Back
Top Bottom