1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Tone match for AX8

Discussion in 'User Cabs and IR's' started by emir, May 14, 2018.

1. emir

emir
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I would like to tone match my drive sound from my real guitar amp and import it as a preset in my AX8. Can i do that with cab lab or other software ? Thanx.

2. Gizmo

Gizmo
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Nope, you need an AxeFx 2 or 3 to generate the tonematch. Now, if you borrow one to do the match, you can convert it to a cab ir (AX8 doesn't have tonematch block) and use it in the AX8.

emir likes this.
  3. emir

emir
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Thank you very much. I was hoping there is a way but... So I could also send my file to someone with axe II to do it for me ?

4. SalazarMcMantis

SalazarMcMantis
    Expand Collapse
    New here

You can do it from within your DAW. Record your take without a cab model. Use something like Izotope Ozone to generate the "matched" EQ, and Voxengo Deconvolver to create a sweep WAV. You'll export the audio track so the sweep is running through the matched EQ (watch the levels, they clip easily) which will then create a WAV of your new EQ curve. Voxengo will then convert it to the IR format. You will also need CabLab to convert the IR file to syx. Then import the cab file to your user cab folder.

emir likes this.
  5. emir

emir
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Thank you so much. I will do my best. Cheers !!!

6. 2112

Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

7. Smittefar

Smittefar
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Be aware that a tone match will only copy the frequency response. The drive and dynamic characteristics are not included in a tone match.

2112 and emir like this.
  8. emir

emir
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I am working on Mac and Logic pro so I have everything i need. Cant use Voxengo because it is not made for mac. So i did first steps and I did mached the tone perfectly and i am stuck ;-) I have Logic IR utility for next step but I just dont know what do do next.

9. emir

emir
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I am working on Mac and Logic pro so I have everything i need. Cant use Voxengo because it is not made for mac. So i did first steps and I did mached the tone perfectly and i am stuck ;-) I have Logic IR utility for next step but I just dont know what do do next.

10. emir

emir
    Expand Collapse
    New here

So..after I made eq match I am trying to to create a sweep WAV with Logic IR Utility and I dont know how.

11. SalazarMcMantis

SalazarMcMantis
    Expand Collapse
    New here

emir likes this.
  12. emir

emir
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Thanx.