Tone Match Blocks

kartman

Inspired
Guys... This is a bit AF2 and a bit AF3...

I have an AF2 preset that carries a tone match block. The TM follows a AMP and CAB in the chain. I can recreate the preset in AF3 pretty easy with some elbow grease but I'm wondering about getting the TM imported.

I notice that the AF3 has an export to user IR slot function but no import. I do recall some AF2 chatter on the forum about a procedure to export a TM and then put it in a CAB. Does this sound correct? If anybody has some experience and wouldn't mind giving me some notes, I'd really appreciate.

Thanks.

I do recall some AF2 chatter on the forum about a procedure to export a TM and then put it in a CAB. Does this sound correct?
On the Axe II front panel, edit the Tone Match block, and go to the Export page.

On the Axe II front panel, edit the Tone Match block, and go to the Export page.

OK... I was looking in AxeEdit... I'll look in the block directly on the AF2. Once saved as .syx, I load it to a user IR slot and then attach to a CAB, correct? Does this mean my new preset on AF3 will have 2x CAB blocks to replace the CAB+TM from the AF2?

Using the new IR mixer in AF3, can I mix them right in the single CAB block now?

Sorry, new messing with TM blocks. I've used them in imported presets but I've never really looked under the hood.

Once saved as .syx, I load it to a user IR slot and then attach to a CAB, correct?
Correct.

Does this mean my new preset on AF3 will have 2x CAB blocks to replace the CAB+TM from the AF2?
If the original preset had both a TM block and a Cab block, then yes, you'll wind up with two cab blocks.

Using the new IR mixer in AF3, can I mix them right in the single CAB block now?
No. I mean, you can — but it won't sound the same.

Back
Top Bottom