Tone Match block from Pete Thorn's preset for Axe-Fx II?

leemhouk

Hi
Does anyone have the tone match block from the Pete Thorn preset that was post back in V13 for the AXE II? I was able to convert the preset, but the included tone match block came up flat.

Yep.. You can export the 'Tone Match' in the Axe-Fx II preset as a Fractal IR using FracTool.

But.... I don't think the resulting IR will include any 'Amount' or 'Smoothing' parameter edits, if they are set to anything other than the default settings? Also, Amp modeling has changed from that firmware the the current Axe-Fx III firmware. So it will likely sound very different?

If it were me, assuming that you still have the Axe-Fx II, I would convert the preset for the Axe-Fx III to get the bulk of the work done. Manually tweak it to sound as close as I could to the the Axe-Fx II version, with it's 'Tone Match' block bypassed (temporarily add an identical IR to each preset if necessary?). Then do a 'Live' tone match of it.

If you really only want the IR of the tone match, there are other ways to do that.

Yep.. You can export the 'Tone Match' in the Axe-Fx II preset as a Fractal IR using FracTool.

But.... I don't think the resulting IR will include any 'Amount' or 'Smoothing' parameter edits, if they are set to anything other than the default settings? Also, Amp modeling has changed from that firmware the the current Axe-Fx III firmware. So it will likely sound very different?

If it were me, assuming that you still have the Axe-Fx II, I would convert the preset for the Axe-Fx III to get the bulk of the work done. Manually tweak it to sound as close as I could to the the Axe-Fx II version, with it's 'Tone Match' block bypassed (temporarily add an identical IR to each preset if necessary?). Then do a 'Live' tone match of it.

If you really only want the IR of the tone match, there are other ways to do that.

I used Fractool to convert the preset from II to III. The tone match part did not survive lol. I still have and use my II, but it's in a heavy rack in band storage. I don't haul that down my stairs at home. The III is what I keep next to my desk. But, I could easily import the preset into my II and review all the settings. That wouldn't be until my next gig. There is no power at the storage unit to fire it up.

Without me loading it into my II, its hard to say what it originally sounded like because there were not any posted samples in the Xchange.

Im still learning the Fractool, the youtube video on it put me to sleep with that robot voice lol.

I used Fractool to convert the preset from II to III. The tone match part did not survive lol. I still have and use my II, but it's in a heavy rack in band storage. I don't haul that down my stairs at home. The III is what I keep next to my desk. But, I could easily import the preset into my II and review all the settings. That wouldn't be until my next gig. There is no power at the storage unit to fire it up.

Without me loading it into my II, its hard to say what it originally sounded like because there were not any posted samples in the Xchange.

Im still learning the Fractool, the youtube video on it put me to sleep with that robot voice lol.
You have to export the tonematch as a user cab then import this user cab in your III then use an irplayer (or cab) block on your III pointing to this user cab

Sorry for the delay, I found the presets and IR, but haven't had a chance to extract the TM block. Maybe these will help?

Attachments

• PT SL68 Greenback.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 26
  • PT BE100Greenback.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 25
  • PT DIV BY 13 G12M25.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom