Tone help! Intervals - I'm awake

Carpercen

Inspired
Hi guys
I've been practicing Intervals-I'm awake for 2 weeks now and almost got it complete, just need to correct some mistakes (I really suck using a metronome) but I don't feel comfortable with my tone...
I've searched the forum and tried some Intervals patches with no luck and I've constructed 2 or 3 but I still feel something is lacking.
From Aaron's lesson on jam Central he mentions that for the tone he recommends on modelers a Brit amp (Plexi or any Marshall) and instead of pushing it with an od he uses a compressor in front of it "to keep things even".

I've been trying with Plexi and Brit(JCM)800 but I can't get close to his tone. At least I could handle boomines but I haven't been able to tame the high end... I've rolled back treble and presence but it ends sounding to bassy, but otherwise the treble presence is too much... When I hear Aaron video his tone is very focused and (I guess) very mid oriented and it sound really great...

I was hoping someone could give me some advice about how to get closer to his tone, I've tried for weeks (I'm not an expert) but my best patch lacks a lot of body and the richness of Aaron's tone.

I'm using a PRS S2 custom 24 (tomorrow I'll be changing stock pick ups for bkp juggernauts hoping that will help with tone), straight into ax8 and I'm using Adam T7V monitors I'm case that's of any help.

I really appreciate any possible help.

Thanks!

Have you tried using a drive pedal or even a pre-amp EQ to help to give a mid frequency bump? Also have you checked out the Pre-amp EQ thread that Cliff put in the Tech Notes section of the forums? That might help too!

Have you tried using a drive pedal or even a pre-amp EQ to help to give a mid frequency bump? Also have you checked out the Pre-amp EQ thread that Cliff put in the Tech Notes section of the forums? That might help too!
I use a paramedic after cab block, blocking below 100hz and up from 9khz, I'm not well versed on frequencies... What are the mid freqs? Anything from 80hz to 8.5 khz?

I tried to stick straight to Aaron recommendation, Brit amp with compressor (with no luck) but I've tried an OD, having done many tests with it, but initial thought was that it result too aggressive, I'll keep doing tests though.

I'll go check the post you mentioned from Cliff, thanks!

Try a different amp like one of the Friedmans. Not as harsh top end as Plexi/JCM. I just listened to a quick clip (never heard him before). At least that clip didn't sound at all like a Marshall to me - much smoother. Have you tried a Mesa? Or if you want to stick with Marshall - JMP Pre or JS410.

Try a different amp like one of the Friedmans. Not as harsh top end as Plexi/JCM. I just listened to a quick clip (never heard him before). At least that clip didn't sound at all like a Marshall to me - much smoother. Have you tried a Mesa? Or if you want to stick with Marshall - JMP Pre or JS410.
I'm already trying friedman hbe... Man that thing is huge... I'm playing with single coils and that thing makes them sound like humbuckers...
Awesome amp and yes, much better tone than before! Thanks

for the intro riff you need to use Split Coil and overdriven sound, not too much gain , greetings

I know, i just cant get that sweet spot... Combining compressor plus right amount or saturation on amp...

I just get my juggernauts, tomorrow ill try again once they are installed, hopefully theyll help me achieve the tone

I made a Cover of Touch and Go by INTERVALS the other day,
And I think the sound is almost as like Aaron Marshall.

If any of you are interested feel free to ask me any Questions.

this will be my YouTube channel. Thanks

I made a Cover of Touch and Go by INTERVALS the other day,
And I think the sound is almost as like Aaron Marshall.

If any of you are interested feel free to ask me any Questions.

this will be my YouTube channel. Thanks

What amp did you use?

Back
Top Bottom