Tone cracks up

Swaney

Hi guys!
When I lower the volume on my guitar below half I experience the tone cracking up. I also get the same thing when I let the tone ring out. When the tone is almost out the mischief is there.
It's tricky to describe what it sounds like but it's something like the tone is cracking up with a distorted interference of some kind. Crackling sound basically.
I get it both when I run the AX8 into my soundcard and when I run it in the loop of amps. Both on distorted sounds and clean sounds.

Does anyone of you have an idea of why this is?
A suggested solution is much appreciated.

Cheers!
Swaney

sounds like the Input gate is set too strong.

reduce the Threshold on the Gate (in the Input block) to a more negative number.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Will try this for sure.

Perhaps you have an idea about this as well:
When you run the AX8 in 4CM there's the option to put an amp block to go through the loop if you want to simulate a different amp for one scene.
In my case: Peavey 5150 amp on the red channel with the 4CM and the amp block that I put in there is a clean amp, the JM45.
When switching to the modelled scene engaging the JM45 there's a noisy crack.
Any idea about this?
/Swaney

Thanks for the suggestion.
Will try this for sure.

Perhaps you have an idea about this as well:
When you run the AX8 in 4CM there's the option to put an amp block to go through the loop if you want to simulate a different amp for one scene.
In my case: Peavey 5150 amp on the red channel with the 4CM and the amp block that I put in there is a clean amp, the JM45.
When switching to the modelled scene engaging the JM45 there's a noisy crack.
Any idea about this?
/Swaney
best to Export and upload your preset file here so we can look. it could be a number of things, and difficult to explain and have you check when you're new. it's not difficult, but just typing out how to do everything can be laborious.

go to the preset in AX8-Edit, click the PRESET menu up top, then EXPORT. it will make a .syx file for your preset on your computer. upload that file here.

File uploaded.

Lowering the threshold on the input gate did the trick. The crackling sound is gone. Thanks!

Attachments

• 4CM.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom