Tone control sensitivity....thats what makes a model for me

ptgold

Inspired
I like many of you have not been able to try out most of the real life counterparts of many of the amps on the AXE 2, although I have been able to try out some of the most popular ones like JCM800, Dual Rec, Bogner XTC.

These classic amps however do not have very sensitive tone controls as they work like we would expect them to as amps have always worked.

Which brings me to my point, some of the models of modern amps based on classic circuits (Cameron CCV, Fryette, Soldano SLO, Solo 99, etc.) have extremely sensitive tone controls.

For example, at first I really didnt understand what all the fuss was about with the Cameron CCV. I was like "whatever, just the same old hot rodded marshall sound". This is true....but I was so wrong for leaving it at that. Once I started turning the bass, mid and treble controls I understood! These models have an incredible range of different tones just by playing around with the treble & mid control for example. I immediately went "ahhhh....thats why".

Same thing happened with alot of other models with great range in tone controls. Definitely not like the old classic plexi types where you can barely tell or just put everything on 10 and sound good...not with these. I like that.

Back
Top Bottom