Wish Tone Control Models in Filter Block

I purchased a beautiful Tele on impulse only to realize that it didn't include a tone knob. Since then I've ended up with two guitars with treble bleed circuits... These instruments got me thinking about tone control modeling.

I'd really like to see filter block types modeling common tone control pot-tapers/capacitors from Strats, Teles, etc. I'd also like to see volume control roll-off filtering modeled, as I frequently use my volume knob on my strat as a second tone control.

This would afford fuss-free compensation for instruments as described above, and for instant recall of tone knob settings without adjustment at the guitar.

Not sure how this would work following the mojo and variable impedance at the input. Putting it out there for consideration. In the meantime, I suppose I can tone match specific settings. And I'd welcome any discussion of how to achieve the same with existing eq controls as well. Thanks in advance. D

I get your wish but pretty sure a filter block with an adjustable low pass freq would get you 90% of the way there for any basic tone control. Treble bleed could be handled by a high pass filter (perhaps in parallel with a vol block).

Of course they wouldn't be controllable via your guitar knobs but perhaps exp pedals, scenes or channels.

I could see a separate RLC block or filter type which would be a fun additional filter option (perhaps with interaction with input impedance.)

Last edited:
I get your wish but pretty sure a filter block with an adjustable low pass freq would get you 90% of the way there for any basic tone control. Treble bleed could be handled by another high pass filter in parallel with a vol block.

Of course they wouldn't be controllable via your guitar knobs but perhaps exp pedals, scenes or channels.

I could see a separate RLC block type which would be a fun additional filter option (perhaps with interaction with input impedance.)
Thank you for your interest. Yeah, I'm currently using the low pass filter block option. It's a matter of convenience (or laziness). Lots of model requests out there. Hoping this one would be simple and handy. Hadn't considered an independent R-L-C block type. Any compelling reason to take it outside of the existing filter block, or did you mean type within the block?

p.s. It's actually wanting to undo the effect of the treble bleed that I'm interested in. Right now I want to keep those guitars stock, but I'm tempted to get out some wire cutters to eliminate the bleed, and in the case of the Tele, a drill for a switch to preserve the series/parallel switch that is where the tone knob normally is.

Last edited:
If this is possible, I would love to see it, with the appropriate tone control pot-tapers/capacitors as mentioned in the OP.

Great for guitars without tone knobs as mentioned, or for adjusting during a re-amp session.

I have wanted this too, so I'm on board!

Probably relatively simple programming for Cliff. Would be cool to have a mini RLC circuit designer (running FASpice) , but I suspect direct digital filtering (as currently exists) would be simpler and faster.

Last edited:
I own a couple dozen guitars and do most of my own tech work. Lots of people asking for full amp models. I think there is room for some imaginative modeling of some handy components. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom