Bug? Tone changes some time after switching to a preset

dm1606

Not sure if this is a firmware bug or a hardware problem.

After turning on the unit it sounds fine for some time, which varies from several seconds to several minutes, then the tone suddenly changes and becomes very harsh, sounding like it has a lot of gain and treble.

It happens on all presets, although I think it happens more often and quickly on presets where the gain is set to a high value already.

After the problem occurs, if I switch to another preset and switch back to the original preset, the tone becomes normal again, and then after some time the problem repeats.

The firmware version is 10.01, but I originally faced the problem on version 8.*.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Thanks!

Ist there a wah block in the preset ? If yes it's probably configured to auto engage. If no external controller is connected then this would be the root cause

Thank you so much ChristThePhone! This is exactly what was going on. I had source set to "Extern 1" and auto engage to "Medium Speed". Do you have any ideas why this is happening if I have no external controllers plugged in?

Thank you so much ChristThePhone! This is exactly what was going on. I had source set to "Extern 1" and auto engage to "Medium Speed". Do you have any ideas why this is happening if I have no external controllers plugged in?

Not attaching an external controller delivers the same value to the software as a controller in toe position.

Back
Top Bottom