tone change

skip

Inspired
hi,when i go to change a A scene tone i hit save,but when i go to the next scene B it saved the last A scene tone .and if i change tone scene B save. then i go back to scene A it has B scene tone setting i save it everytime i make the change just doesnt stick.

This has nothing to do with Scene Revert. When you make a change to a block (amp, cab, drive, delay, etc.) that change will show up on every scene in that preset. If you want the settings to be different from one scene to the next, you need to use Channels. For example, if you want Scene 1 and Scene 2 to have the same amp, but with different settings, use Channel A for that amp in Scene 1, and then use Channel B in the same amp for Scene 2. That way, you'll have the same amp in both scenes, but the setting will be different in each of them.

Check out Intro to Scenes and Channels in the Axe-Fx III manual. (Page 9 in the latest version of the manual.)

thanks well i would hi scene 1 channel A then put new amp in channel B but i saved each time. go back the first amp is now in channel A and B?

Channels and Scenes are working and saving fine for me on the latest FW and Axe Edit versions 16.0 and 1.08.13 respectively. You're going to need to provide more details as to what is going on and how to recreate the issue. Is it happening on more than one preset?

This has nothing to do with Scene Revert. When you make a change to a block (amp, cab, drive, delay, etc.) that change will show up on every scene in that preset. If you want the settings to be different from one scene to the next, you need to use Channels. For example, if you want Scene 1 and Scene 2 to have the same amp, but with different settings, use Channel A for that amp in Scene 1, and then use Channel B in the same amp for Scene 2. That way, you'll have the same amp in both scenes, but the setting will be different in each of them.

Check out Intro to Scenes and Channels in the Axe-Fx III manual. (Page 9 in the latest version of the manual.)
This has been the biggest thing to get used to for me. I just feel like scenes should store all settings. 🤨

This has been the biggest thing to get used to for me. I just feel like scenes should store all settings. 🤨

Scenes do store all the settings. If you modify a setting in a block, that change will be stored at the scene. If you require another scene with a different setting, you shall use another channel. That is perfectly working

If you want to save channels or require a different approach, you can also use Scene Controllers

Last edited:
Scenes do store all the settings. If you modify a setting in a block, that change will be stored at the scene. If you require another scene with a different setting, you shall use another channel. That is perfectly working

If you want to save channels or require a different approach, you can also use Scene Controllers
Yeah, I get all that. I just expect it to work more like Reaktor Blocks. I get why they didn’t do it that way, but it will take a bit of getting used to. I probably will just stick to using presets because I don’t need live patch switching like I used to, as I’m studio bound these days.

Back
Top Bottom