Tone bender possible

sherpa_man

Inspired
is it possible for the axe to recreate the tone bender sound? im looking at adding a block to my clean preset and assigning my drive cc on the mfc to it.
I really dont want to be adding pedals to my floor unit.

Thanks in advance,

sorry for my ignorance here, im still trying to learn as much as i can, in axe edit i select the drive block, change the prams to the buzz bender, and away i go?

No problem.
Yup, that's it. Of course you can finetune the block using the available parameters, primaily Drive / Tone / Level.

great!

if you would feed it a test signal with your fav settings, and mail it to me, I could work out the settings of the Axe's Bender that recreate that sound.

link to the file is here (1.4MB) Sweep v2.2.wav - 4shared.com - music and mp3 sharing - download

mail:
dmail.jpg

setup should be: test file -> pedal -> recorder
24Bits wav please.

thanks. :)

great!

if you would feed it a test signal with your fav settings, and mail it to me, I could work out the settings of the Axe's Bender that recreate that sound.

link to the file is here (1.4MB) Sweep v2.2.wav - 4shared.com - music and mp3 sharing - download

mail:
dmail.jpg

setup should be: test file -> pedal -> recorder
24Bits wav please.

thanks. :)

I also have a JMI Tonebender pedal (actually I have quite a few distortion pedals - if you a looking for something in particular). I'll get that for you.

I got a few fuzzes - zvex fuzz factory, Rodger Mayer Classic Fuzz, Das Fuzz, MXR Classic 108
Still looking for a Rams head that isn't priced too outrageously. I just have a modern one right now.

I have an older Big Muff if you're interested..... One of my favourite pedals. How man different settings would you like? They all sound really cool.

I got a few fuzzes - zvex fuzz factory, Rodger Mayer Classic Fuzz, Das Fuzz, MXR Classic 108
Still looking for a Rams head that isn't priced too outrageously. I just have a modern one right now.

I have a fuzz factory here, too. well, two actually.
unfortunately, they don't take the line level input too well. :(

The Rodger Mayer Classic, MXR, Das Fuzz (probably a Musikding kit, right? They have cool stuff there.) and a Rams Head all sound very interesting.
everything at noon is always a good starting point. Additionally I like to get a 'Boost' type setting (high volume, low fuzz) and a strong fuzz setting, maybe with the tone backed of a bit for a fat lead tone.

feel free to do as many/as few pedals/settings as you like. Besides becoming blueprints for Axe drive block tweaks, they'll be part of an online fuzz database showing what the pedal in question does to a sine wave, what it's frequency response is, and how the overtones are weighed.

I<3Fuzz &bull; View topic - FuzzMeasurements *21 stomps so far!* pls don't post in here (the overtone thing is not yet implemented)

I have an older Big Muff if you're interested..... One of my favourite pedals. How man different settings would you like? They all sound really cool.

absolutely!

everything at noon is always a good starting point. Additionally I like to get a 'Boost' type setting (high volume, low fuzz) and a strong fuzz setting, maybe with the tone backed of a bit for a fat lead tone.
and any other fav settings you might have.

thanks! :)

Gimme a week or so. The great thing about the muff is that there really aren't any bad settings.... if you're into fuzz that is. That being said, the newer ones just don't sound any good. BTW, the tone knob has a HUGE tonal range, so I'm not sure how to replicate that, maybe a filter of some sort. Goes from extremely thin and nasally, almost spitting, all the way to speaker destroying huge. I actually destroyed a perfectly good mesa rectifier quad with it about ten years ago.

Back
Top Bottom