Tone and Feel of the Board

youngmic

Inspired
I bought the Amp Factory Legends IR pack this evening and spent a few minutes trying them out. I really liked what I've heard so far and was happy I bought them. I jumped on the board to add my thanks to the News thread regarding the product. I was dismayed to find yet another thread descending into a quagmire of complaints, reactions, self-defensiveness, and just plain whining. I'm all for good constructively critical posts, but honestly am tired of seeing people complain about what they complain about on this board. These are some of the best and most innovative products in this industry - offered by small business driven primarily by the passion of the business owners. Their service and commitment is second to none. And yet we have people saying "I don't want to have to choose from 700 IR's", " Why do I have to spend $100?", "Why isn't this free?", "I've run this through the particle accelerator at CERN and found that there are inconstancies at the sub-atomic level". OK, maybe I exaggerated a bit on that last one, but I think many of you get the point.

I really wish people would think through things before they launch into their latest diatribe of entitlement, injustice, and conspiracy theories.

More and more often, this board feels like a tabloid newspaper or people arguing in the comments section of YouTube than it does an intelligent source of useful, collaborative information. The latter is still there, but it is getting lost in this noise.

Last edited:
I'll second that -
Let people who love what they do make a living out of it!

Pauly

I bought the Amp Factory Legends IR pack this evening and spent a few minutes trying them out. I really liked what I've heard so far and was happy I bought them. I jumped on the board to add my thanks to the News thread regarding the product. I was dismayed to find yet another thread descending into a quagmire of complaints, reactions, self-defensiveness, and just plain whining. I'm all for good constructively critical posts, but honestly am tired of seeing people complain about what they complain about on this board. These are some of the best and most innovative products in this industry - offered by small business driven primarily by the passion of the business owners. Their service and commitment is second to none. And yet we have people saying "I don't want to have to choose from 700 IR's", " Why do I have to spend $100?", "Why isn't this free?", "I've run this through the particle accelerator at CERN and found that there are inconstancies at the sub-atomic level". OK, maybe I exaggerated a bit on that last one, but I think many of you get the point.

I really wish people would think through things before they launch into their latest diatribe of entitlement, injustice, and conspiracy theories.

More and more often, this board feels like a tabloid newspaper or people arguing in the comments section of YouTube than it does an intelligent source of useful, collaborative information. The latter is still there, but it is getting lost in this noise.

And yet we have people saying "I don't want to have to choose from 700 IR's"

There's a little known secret of the Axe-Fx: You don't actually need to use any third-party IR's. The ones that come in the box are actually perfectly fine and usable. Without UltraRes.

It is always informative and enlightening to widen your lens and raise your critical standards about posts made on the Internet. Lack of context, lack of accountability and lack of knowing the person behind the comments. Too often we read everything and ascribe credibility to comments from strangers we do not know, coming from an experience level we do not know, and posted with intentions we cannot know.

You'll notice a few things if you look at it from a bigger perspective. A) people that are primarily negative, are almost always primarily negative; B) it serves everyone more if you do not take overly negative and overly positive opinions at face value. Negativity is OFTEN given instant credibility without any sort of vetting. The anonymous nature of the Internet often allows certain persons the ability to be focused, negative and persistent to no good end. It's empty chatter repeated over and over without any real addition to the positive nature of sharing and learning. The acid test, for me, are people that will not listen and willing to be wrong with their opinion are not going to be able to learn. Those that cannot learn often don't make good teachers. Instead you have a number of vapid attention seekers aggressively (or passive-aggressively) exploiting the manner and attention that negative posting allows them access to. To some (many?) it is heady medicine and almost addictive. Be careful to not devote your time and effort interacting with that type too frequently lest you turn into one of them. ;)

What you put your stock into - and who - depends on your having enough of a critical eye. See the overarching trends - who, what, why and how people conduct themselves on a forum over time - IMHO - determines who, what, why and how I trust their opinion and experience at face value.

Consistent and persistently negative posting on a forum - which is almost a sport to many nowadays - are not who I put my stock into. NEVER just accept something from someone you do not know or have some context regarding at face value.

Moral: As you were probably taught as a young child - stranger danger. Don't take candy - or poison - from strangers. Same thing applies on forums.

IMHO.

Last edited:
It is always informative and enlightening to widen your lens and raise your critical standards about posts made on the Internet. Lack of context, lack of accountability and lack of knowing the person behind the comments. Too often we read everything and ascribe credibility to comments from strangers we do not know, coming from an experience level we do not know, and posted with intentions we cannot know.

You'll notice a few things if you look at it from a bigger perspective. A) people that are primarily negative, are almost always primarily negative; B) it serves everyone more if you do not take overly negative and overly positive opinions at face value. Negativity is OFTEN given instant credibility without any sort of vetting. The anonymous nature of the Internet often allows certain persons the ability to be focused, negative and persistent to no good end. It's empty chatter repeated over and over without any real addition to the positive nature of sharing and learning. The acid test, for me, are people that will not listen and willing to be wrong with their opinion are not going to be able to learn. Those that cannot learn often don't make good teachers. Instead you have a number of vapid attention seekers aggressively (or passive-aggressively) exploiting the manner and attention that negative posting allows them access to. To some (many?) it is heady medicine and almost addictive. Be careful to not devote your time and effort interacting with that type too frequently lest you turn into one of them. ;)

What you put your stock into - and who - depends on your having enough of a critical eye. See the overarching trends - who, what, why and how people conduct themselves on a forum over time - IMHO - determines who, what, why and how I trust their opinion and experience at face value.

Consistent and persistently negative posting on a forum - which is almost a sport to many nowadays - are not who I put my stock into. NEVER just accept something from someone you do not know or have some context regarding at face value.

Moral: As you were probably taught as a young child - stranger danger. Don't take candy - or poison - from strangers. Same thing applies on forums.

IMHO.

Is this in response to my OP?

Back
Top Bottom