Tom Weber on tech work for EVH

Thanks for the sharing these, a close friend of mine that I've known since I was 12 year old pass this year. He was the biggest VH fan i'd ever met, so this was a nice to watch.

I have a String Stretcha. I found out after the fact that my string change tool (Planet Waves Pro String Winder) also had one built into the side. I still use the Stretcha as it's a little better ergonomically but the Waves one is nice if you are travelling light. I think it's discontinued now though and replaced with a model that is more like a pair of pliers with a winder on one arm.
image_2022-09-20_155610028.png

I have a String Stretcha. I found out after the fact that my string change tool (Planet Waves Pro String Winder) also had one built into the side. I still use the Stretcha as it's a little better ergonomically but the Waves one is nice if you are travelling light. I think it's discontinued now though and replaced with a model that is more like a pair of pliers with a winder on one arm.
View attachment 108743
OMFG! I have two of those! Never realized they had that feature. Still glad I got the Stretcha.

These were pretty cool and he’s not BS’ing about the “set this guitar up how you think Ed would want it set up” thing, Lonnie Tottman had some….polarizing comments to make about his short period working for Ed and it essentially started with him not knowing about Ed’s compensated tuning but being expected to know it on day 1. It went downhill from there. TBF, it was the ‘04 tour and Ed wasn’t in the best shape then. Lonnie didn’t hang out very long as those who know Lonnie know he’s not the type to be spoken down to.

What was funny was when the infamous “Jump” video popped up, Lonnie assumed what the issue was and Tom more or less confirmed Lonnie was spot on, years after the fact.

Back
Top Bottom