Tom Quayle Week Long Masterclass - Spain

Hey guys, I hope you're all well and sorry to spam in the forum but I thought some of you might be interested in this...

I wanted to let some of you guys know about this great week long masterclass/workshop session that I'm running with Guitar Retreat Spain in June this Summer. This is going to be a fantastic and great value experience in the heart of some of the most beautiful scenery and weather on the planet! I'll be covering all sorts of topics including technique, improvisation, scales, harmony, phrasing and aural skills. You'll get to explore the surrounding areas with organised trips and nightly jam sessions will help you to explore the ideas taught during the day. Places are very limited but it'd be great to see some of you there. We already have some great players and people attending. I'll have my Axe FX II and Matrix with me plus my Fibenare guitar and will be running through my thoughts on tone and of course any attendees can try out my patches etc.

Let me know if you have any questions at all.

HOME - GuitarRetreatSpain.com

Cheers!

Tom

wow.. a load of my family live in Mijas..
I could do guitarry stuff and then go see me mum and the rest of El tribe del Clarkos

Nice! Almost as if it was meant to be! ;-) Would be great to see you there though.

gonna consult with the authorities in case she has already allocated the funds..
like on boring stuff like paint and curtains and carpets and furnature and other such shite..

I'm from Malaga which is so close to Mijas (25kms). If you need my help, (information about places, hotels, restaurants o whatever you need) I'd be very pleased to be helpful.

actually... looking at this...

- Play ANY chord, slash chord, inversion.
- Have knowledge of major modes
- An understanding of modulation and soloing around different keys
- Be confident in performing live solos
- Gain a better understanding of music and how to use it to improve your playing.

I have all that well covered already
cos I teach / coach this stuff - in particular I get asked to do a lot on modes / melodic subsitution / parallel modulation / technique / shred / metal / proggy wierdness etc

this bit though...
- Leave happy and relaxed with a lovely sun tan and great memories
looks really cool

so appart from the relaxing, tanning, jamming and a chance to see me mum, sister [and her tribe] aunt etc etc...
this may not be for me...

help?? from me??
anyone wanting help from me must be insane

for something like this I could assist with the following general subjects:
laying by the pool,
cerveza abuse,
how to make a huge mess of Spanish grammar,

music related:
excuse prep for being late to a sound check / for not knowing songs / for not knowing anything at all [mostly involves cervezas and much lying]
how to handle the situation when you find yourself in the wrong country [a variation of the above but more polite in case the police are involved]
how to handle the concert having completely failed to learn the set [mostly involves volume, dive bombs, feeding back and playing as fast as you can]

<3 Tom Quayle and would LOVE to spend a week learning from him, but I'm not going to Spain to do it. HOWEVER, if you're ever in the states, Tom, I'll totally be there.

seriously guys....
I should say that Mijas is a beautiful place
and just a few miles away is La Cala..
a nice quiet lil' place [compared to the big resorts up the coast] with a lovely beach

if you're going there for a week of guitar playing...
it's worth staying an extra week to chill out..
or go do some sight seeing.. there are a few good water parks too..
when I'm there visiting la familia, I tend to try to do as nothing as possible...
which I'm pretty good at..

Back
Top Bottom