Tom Quayle Reviews the Axe-Fx III: "Absolutely Fantastic!"

Back in the spring of 2013, I was researching the Axe Fx II.

I came across one of many reviews... This one in particular by a guy named Tom Quayle, who I'd never heard of. The opening of the video was just some amazing lead playing with stunning tone.

That video sealed the deal for me. Once I heard that, I knew the magic black box would have to be mine and there would be much rejoicing!

I convinced my wife to let me buy one on the premise that I would need 6 months to make sure it was all I needed, at which point I would sell off all of my "B rig" to pay for it.

The B rig got sold and the rest is history. Thanks to Tom and Fractal :)

I’m like a kid in a candy store with the magic black box. Lol

There is so many choices I still can’t say I have a favorite and I’m still going through the AB pack.
Every time I find a new amp I’ll spend a few days noodling around and then I start looking for more sound & tone.

I really like all the information I’m picking up off of this forum. And I’m still referencing the manual I’ve read it but still go back to it.
My old brain has to learn one step at a time and I don’t remember things like I used to. I’ve always said I didn’t want anything like this but now I’m hooked.

And all the effects there is everything you could want I’m loving it. :D

Haven’t sold any gear yet but I told my wife I’m not going to need it all and right now it is stored in our Rv hold thank goodness it’s heated & cooled. Thank you fractal :)

Back
Top Bottom