Tom Quayle has a QuadCortex neuralDSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, anything with a touch screen on it like that, looks like a toy. What's the expected product life of a touch screen device? I'll take the sophistication of the Axe Fx with the constantly evolving and improving Axe Edit. I'll back my Axe FX to last longer and still be worth something after 5 years.

These threads are so predictable. It's always these products can't be as good as my Fractal product I paid so much for. Nope, no way, (fingers in ears) LALALALALALALA!!!

If its good it will at least force Line 6 to finally come out with the Helix II. Or for Kemper to come with a new unit as well. More choice on the market is always good for consumers. More Helix and Kemper units will get dumped on the 2nd hand market, allowing more people to get into high end modeling and develop a taste for it, which may translate into higher sales for Fractal as well.

The more $$$ dumped into marketing, the less spent on R&D and consequently inevitably the lower the actual value. It's like those movies where the entire trailer isn't about the story but the soundtrack, who's in it, who directed it and "...from the crew that brought you Super Troopers.." ZING ZOW POW KABLOOIE there's really nothing there but the same plugins in a box like Positive Grid.

Hey, some people like smoke and mirrors. Some people try a hundred things that aren't as expensive as a Fractal product and never do the math on what they spent when they should have just saved up for the Fractal to begin with.

Rinse.

Repeat.

If anything with movies the golden rule is that a movies marketing budget is as much as its production budget. So a billion dollar movie that cost 250 million to make will also cost 250 million to market. Considering that theaters have to take their cut of the take too profit margins on billion dollar movies may not be as much as most people think, unless they were made for peanuts like Joker. And usually marketing budgets comes from a different department of a company, which is why they are less known.

And there goes the Christmas spirit ...

Jeez people, why care? The guy's got a gift and he's happy and thankful and outspoken about it. Why the negativity?

Plus he is actually a pretty good player.

These threads are so predictable. It's always these products can't be as good as my Fractal product I paid so much for. Nope, no way, (fingers in ears) LALALALALALALA!!!
Ha, there‘s a lot of confirmation bias in these types of threads for sure. In my case, my ears tell me it’s not sounding as good as my FM3. It’s not a bias as I’m in the pre-order tier with NDSP and have a bunch of their plug-ins.

If its good it will at least force Line 6 to finally come out with the Helix II. Or for Kemper to come with a new unit as well. More choice on the market is always good for consumers. More Helix and Kemper units will get dumped on the 2nd hand market, allowing more people to get into high end modeling and develop a taste for it, which may translate into higher sales for Fractal as well.

If anything with movies the golden rule is that a movies marketing budget is as much as its production budget. So a billion dollar movie that cost 250 million to make will also cost 250 million to market. Considering that theaters have to take their cut of the take too profit margins on billion dollar movies may not be as much as most people think, unless they were made for peanuts like Joker. And usually marketing budgets comes from a different department of a company, which is why they are less known.

Very right. And why should anything be wrong with marketing? If your marketing increases sales numbers in a way that net profit goes up it means more money for R&D.

And there goes the Christmas spirit ...

Jeez people, why care? The guy's got a gift and he's happy and thankful and outspoken about it. Why the negativity?
I'm jealous. Your right dude. Happy Christmas to everyone 😀

Reactions: yek
Very right. And why should anything be wrong with marketing? If your marketing increases sales numbers in a way that net profit goes up it means more money for R&D.
It can also mean more staff, more suppliers, more lawyers, more accountants, more work for the execs and owners which in turn leads to diluted leadership. Not always a desirable thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom