Tom Quayle has a QuadCortex neuralDSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the capture feature?

Neural Capture

Capture, share and download your favorite rigs’ sounds. Equipped with our unique biomimetic AI technology, Quad Cortex can learn and replicate the sonic characteristics of any physical amplifier, overdrive, and cabinet with unprecedented accuracy.

Unlike any other, our sophisticated neural network algorithm perceives sound akin to human perception, making it the most natural-sounding capture solution on the planet.

We are collaborating with some of the best producers and sound designers to provide an ever-growing collection of free rig captures in addition to our full-circuit models.

Neural Capture

Capture, share and download your favorite rigs’ sounds. Equipped with our unique biomimetic AI technology, Quad Cortex can learn and replicate the sonic characteristics of any physical amplifier, overdrive, and cabinet with unprecedented accuracy.

Unlike any other, our sophisticated neural network algorithm perceives sound akin to human perception, making it the most natural-sounding capture solution on the planet.

We are collaborating with some of the best producers and sound designers to provide an ever-growing collection of free rig captures in addition to our full-circuit models.
Sounds great.... We will know soon enough if its the business

Of course they work with influencers. Fractal does the same. Not naming names here, but I talked to one dude and he told me he had gotten the axe for free just so the name could be put on the fractal site. (I checked and he was)I also talked to the guy who had gotten him that privilege. That second guy had gotten talking to a guy who was looking for a guitarist for this deal and he had given them the name of this guitarist. I do not know any further details about the deal. I was just envying him because he got the axe for free.
I am a fractal enthusiast so I started talking about it. He admitted to not know much about the axe because he preferred his other gear. He didn’t use the axe much. Didn’t even have a midi footcontroller with it. He said he could get the mfc too if he wanted to, but did not see the need.
Just to be clear: everybody uses influencers. Of course Fractal does that too. That is the way it works. Why look down at it when others do it too?

Of course they work with influencers. Fractal does the same. Not naming names here, but I talked to one dude and he told me he had gotten the axe for free just so the name could be put on the fractal site. (I checked and he was)I also talked to the guy who had gotten him that privilege. That second guy had gotten talking to a guy who was looking for a guitarist for this deal and he had given them the name of this guitarist. I do not know any further details about the deal. I was just envying him because he got the axe for free.
I am a fractal enthusiast so I started talking about it. He admitted to not know much about the axe because he preferred his other gear. He didn’t use the axe much. Didn’t even have a midi footcontroller with it. He said he could get the mfc too if he wanted to, but did not see the need.
Just to be clear: everybody uses influencers. Of course Fractal does that too. That is the way it works. Why look down at it when others do it too?
Who? We never give away gear for free and we don't PAY anyone for positive reviews.

All the influencers will get them, that's how that marketing technique works. Ola, Fluff, Tosin, et. al. will be trotted out in front of the cameras.
Yep. Just like they all did with their demos/reviews of the latest FAS products.

They all did pretty good reviews/demos of the latest FAS units. Interested in their o

Yep. Just like they all did with their demos/reviews of the latest FAS products.
False.

I will say it one last time: it is company policy that we do NOT give ANYONE free gear and we do not pay artists for endorsements. NO OTHER COMPANY CAN STATE THIS. That has been a policy of mine since day one.

False.

I will say it one last time: it is company policy that we do NOT give ANYONE free gear and we do not pay artists for endorsements. NO OTHER COMPANY CAN STATE THIS. That has been a policy of mine since day one.
What exactly was false about my incomplete comment that you quoted before I could finish?

I had an opportunity to get a MOST influential musician to sample the Axe FX some time ago. That name on an artist roster would have definitely been HUGE coup! Talked to Fractal about this and I was directed to have them contact a retailer that handles major artists to BUY their unit. So I know first hand that Fractal does not give way gear. The policy applied by Fractal on this is strict and applies to all. So whoever your "source" is, it operated independently from Fractal or I call BS.

Last edited by a moderator:
False.

All I do is repeat what they told me and even independently of each other. I did not say he got paid to say nice things. All I know is what I wrote in the post. If they lied to me, well then that is it. They are not my friends and I am definetly not going to defend other ppl’s statements. If Cliff says it didn’t happen, well that is the final word about it for me. I have no reason to doubt it.

Harm

I agree, unfortunately this is a problem since neural DSP does seem to invest a lot on marketing. It's hard to get an actual idea about how "great" it is.
The more $$$ dumped into marketing, the less spent on R&D and consequently inevitably the lower the actual value. It's like those movies where the entire trailer isn't about the story but the soundtrack, who's in it, who directed it and "...from the crew that brought you Super Troopers.." ZING ZOW POW KABLOOIE there's really nothing there but the same plugins in a box like Positive Grid.

Hey, some people like smoke and mirrors. Some people try a hundred things that aren't as expensive as a Fractal product and never do the math on what they spent when they should have just saved up for the Fractal to begin with.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Advertised at $2099 Cdn here in Canada (see link below) - $129 less than they list Helix Floor at - seems to be positioned to directly compete with L6.

https://cosmomusic.ca/products/peda...UyQyUyMnV0ZjglMjIlM0ElMjIlRTIlOUMlOTMlMjIlN0Q

Edit - I find $2329 Cdn to be an insanly high price for Helix floor given one can get Ax3 for only 15% more.

Yeah the Helix floor price is ridiculous. Were they always that expensive? In Canada, the QC will be cheaper than the Helix and quite a bit cheaper than the Kemper.

False.

Not to stir the pot, but there's this video:

I do believe in FAS' policy regarding not giving anyone free gear (has been mentioned several times here, and I recall John Petrucci saying something about it), and to be completely fair, the guy mentions the deal was done with G66, and if it's true that he got his III for "free" by trading his old Axe FX, then he should come clean and avoid misleading titles like "FRACTAL AUDIO gifted me an AXE-FX 3 !!!" and change that to G66 instead, IMO of course.

I do believe in FAS' policy regarding not giving anyone free gear (has been mentioned several times here, and I recall John Petrucci saying something about it), and to be completely fair, the guy mentions the deal was done with G66, and if it's true that he got his III for "free" by trading his old Axe FX, then he should come clean and avoid misleading titles like "FRACTAL AUDIO gifted me an AXE-FX 3 !!!" and change that to G66 instead, IMO of course.

Lol, interesting to hear Cliff on that vid

Lol, interesting to hear Cliff on that vid

Just, IB4 Cliff chimes in: I'm in NO way trying to contradict him, I DO believe when he says it's FAS' policy. Just wanted to give an example of what could be a misleading video. If G66 as a company decided to give him a "free" Axe-FX, it's G66's and only G66's business and nothing else.

This guy comes off as a narcissist. I don't believe his claims that Fractal had anything to do with this. Nor do believe that Fractal gushed to him about how much they admire him. I need a barf bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom