Tom Morello Telecaster preset

thKiller

Hi!
Can you help me please to make a preset that sounds like Tom Morello in Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name?
I have Telecaster and AXE-FX-III.

Thanks you!

Thank you, Brian!
I saw this preset - it’s not exactly what is pressed.
Perhaps because it is made for a humbucker, but I have a single...

Hi! Thanks you!
As I can see, Tom has used a 50 watt Marshall JCM 800 2205 and Peavey 4×12 cabinet.
Im new to Axe-FX... sorry... Someone can recommend which blocks (amp and cab) are most similar to them?

Thanks you so much for the links!
I cant find 2205 in amp list, but there are (2204 series) BRIT 800, Brit 800 Mod, Brit 800 #34 (based on 50W Marshall JCM 800 2204)
and PLEXI 2204 (Based on a 1981 JMP 50W Master Volume head). Please tell me, which one is closer to overdrive channel of 2205 in your opinion?

Also, I find
forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/getting-at-my-2205-sound.116583/
Actually the Brit Silver is more akin to the 2205 than the brit 800. The brit 800 is based on the Marshall 2204, which is a completely different circuit (basically a Super Lead with more gain and an added master volume), so you might be able to come real close with the Brit Silver.
What do you think?

I don't have direct experience with the amps but from what I recall when researching them is the 2205 tends have a bit more gain than the 2204 but are somewhat similar in gain structure. I would start with the Brit 800 #34 and see if you can get the gain level you need. Decreasing the Negative Feedback in the Power Amp page in the amp block should add the "squishy" feel of the 2205. If you still need more distortion, use the Saturation parameter - Ideal mode - in the Amp block.

Back
Top Bottom