Tom Brady

I think it's unfair to say that Brady needs to win a SB at Tampa. It's actually a pretty savvy move. It's a soft division, so making the playoffs are a question of winning 1 or 2 critical games.

For some history on great QB's who moved, Joe Montana had great success with the Chiefs (based off of their years before he showed up.) Some term it a 'walk of shame', but he showed he could move the dial in wins and playoff appearances. No, no Championships, but if you can add one player, and show up in the Playoffs every year, then you're making a difference.

My litmus test is always Vegas. What were the odds of the Bucs making the Playoffs, or winning a SB BEFORE Tom signed, and what did those odds look like after? We can scoff, but they handsomely pay data analysts to cover these things (when the hell has Vegas LOST money on any of these things?) From what I've seen, the Bucs went from roughly a 23-1 chance to a 16/15-1 chance to get to the SuperBowl. THAT is what I call moving the dial.

R

Is now a Buccaneer. Pats will go 8-8 if they're lucky this year. Bucs won't fare much better.
And he announced on St. Patricks Day in Boston. I think Kimmel said t was like your girlfriend breaking up with you on your birthday :).

What a run though! I'm a JETS fan but he is the GOAT

MM

And he announced on St. Patricks Day in Boston. I think Kimmel said t was like your girlfriend breaking up with you on your birthday :).

What a run though! I'm a JETS fan but he is the GOAT

MM
I really had a sneaking suspicion that the Jets were going to throw money at him to join with the prospect of sticking it to Kraft twice a year.

That would have made the Jets-Pats rivalry interesting again. Too bad it didn't happen.

Haha, I'm a Jets fan too, and since I live in Ohio I'm also a Xichigan hater. Brady gets twice the scorn from me!

But having watched Brady destroy the Jets for 20 years I have tremendous respect for what he has accomplished and consider him the GOAT at his position. I'm actually wishing him great success at TB, he certainly has some receivers there to work with, and happy to finally see him out of the AFC East. Too bad the Jets are still a hot mess...

Here's an interesting article about Brady while at Michigan State.

https://www.michigandaily.com/sport...-brady-drew-henson-battle-david-terrell’s-ris

I distinctly remember the Orange Bowl game where Brady led the wolverines comeback, and being really impressed by his performance under pressure. Anyone who thinks that it was purely Belichick who "made" Brady are mistaken IMHO, although it is true both Brady & Belichick were made for each other and were able to mutually benefit from the other's talents and mindset.

What remains to be seen is whether Brady, at his age, can still do the things he did as a younger player, both physically, mentally, and in leadership. I'd love to see TB have success in order to help solidify his legacy (of course, I'm a pats fan).

Does anyone believe there will be a season? There is zero chance of training camp. 80,000 people gatherings don’t jive with social distancing. I think Tom has played his last game already.

I really had a sneaking suspicion that the Jets were going to throw money at him to join with the prospect of sticking it to Kraft twice a year.

That would have made the Jets-Pats rivalry interesting again. Too bad it didn't happen.

As a lifetime Pats fine, this would be my nightmare. My instinct is to root against the Jets, but it would have been hard to root against Brady. I shudder thinking about it. Glad it didn’t happen.

Someone else wrote that Brady destroyed the Jets for 20 years. From my perspective, the Jets were always a thorn. Those games were often very close even when the Pats won. I think the Jets are still on Bill’s head.

People like this don’t accept the idea of being too old or whatever for anything.

Without Gronk and any decent wide receivers - and Edlemen get doubled almost every down - he
put up good numbers last year. He's been saying for years he wants to play until 45. He's in great shape,
moves as good as ever in the pocket, and loves the game to death. Why retire?

His wife makes more than he does. Combined they are worth over half a billion dollars.
He doesn't need the money - he loves playing the game! He just wants some a better set
of offensive weapons and New England wasn't willing to give him that. TB has a couple of
great wide receivers, which Brady has never had during his career - two solid wideouts at the
same time!

Back
Top Bottom