Tom Anderson Guitarworks Angel 'Gingerburst' - Demo

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey all! Thought I'd share this here, a recently uploaded demo I did of my newest Anderson.

Some of you may have seen me post stuff using my other Anderson that had a koa top. It is a lovely instrument but I decided to go ahead and try the classic Basswood+maple top combo and.. I love it! The finish for this came from an idea I had, and they took it and made it better than I ever could have imagined. I jokingly suggested "Gingerburst" as the finish name (as I'm a redhead/ginger) and Tom said "great!" so we went with it :D

The songs used in this demo are two excerpts from two songs for my upcoming debut album, which I'm still working on but..I can't help but tease some of the stuff :D Also specs of the guitar are available to see at SeanAsheMusic.com/Gear

Here's the signal chain:

Me - Bluechip Picks Jazz50 - Guitar - Friedman Smallbox 50 - Friedman 2x12 (with a v30 and a creamback) - AKGC414 (on the v30) & SM57 (on the creamback) going into a Universal Audio Apollo Twin, and then into Logic Pro X. And also the Axe FX II XL is being used for FX :) You can see it in the background.

Great tones Sean..!!! How's the neck on the Anderson? Do you have the Dimensions? (Radius,etc...)

Great tones Sean..!!! How's the neck on the Anderson? Do you have the Dimensions? (Radius,etc...)

Thanks! The neck is wonderful, its not too thin (i dont like super thin necks) and its not too fat. Its .810 at the 1st fret and .870 at the 12th fret.

All Andersons are 12-14 radius, which is very comfortable. And this guitar is 1 11/16 nut width

Amazing as usual Sean, doesn't seem to matter much what guitar you're using, it always sounds very good!

Last edited:
Beautiful finish. It really goes well with the color of the neck and dots as well.

The specs link on your website doesn't seem to be active. I'm not very familiar with Anderson models and features. Is that a baked wood neck (maple?) or is it solid rosewood? It has a nice growl to it.

Beautiful finish. It really goes well with the color of the neck and dots as well.

The specs link on your website doesn't seem to be active. I'm not very familiar with Anderson models and features. Is that a baked wood neck (maple?) or is it solid rosewood? It has a nice growl to it.

Thanks! Just checked and the links are working, try this as a direct link Angel 'Gingerburst' — Sean Ashe

Its chocolate maple which is roasted/baked/etc. The fretboard is maple too

This video gives me a massive case of GAS for a Friedman, even though I haven't turned on the tube amps I already have in a couple of months. :lol

Guitar looks great, congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom