Toggling SOME Effects Not working

So I have my MFC-101 Mk3 set up with 10 presets and then 6 effects toggles (+ tap tempo)

Most of the effects toggles (Drive, Chorus, Phaser) work fine.

However the Reverb and Flanger Toggles don't do anything other than light up the button on the footswitch. They are set to activate Reverb and Flanger 1, which I double checked the patches to confirm that they were using Reverb and Flanger 1, and not two.

When I changed the function to something else with the same footswitches, the toggle works fine, so the hardware isn't an issue.

It is also the case with EVERY patch that has Flanger or Reverb, so it is not patch specific.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Axe-FX II XL is the unit I am using with the MFC.

Last edited:
Any chance that those effect blocks have their bypass states attached to a modifier, like a Control Switch or Scene Controller, either directly or via an expression pedal with 'Auto-Engage'?

Make sure Flanger and Reverb Bypass are set to their default CCs in the I/O menu. These appear in the back of your owner's manual, OR you can use the brute-force method of Reset System Parameters.

Make sure Flanger and Reverb Bypass are set to their default CCs in the I/O menu. These appear in the back of your owner's manual, OR you can use the brute-force method of Reset System Parameters.
I figured out what was wrong. I was using the X/Y instead of Bypass preset. I'm a dummy. I'll leave this here in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Back
Top Bottom