Toggling Scenes.... a glitch or a feature?

I think the thing to remember is that the literal name of the label is "current name".

There is only ever one current scene and hence only ever 1 current name for that scene.

I'm in the camp that never uses this, though I do understand what you're asking for, which is basically: show the scene in use for the scene toggle button that I last pressed but don't change the other scene toggle switches I haven't pressed.

I still personally don't understand the need for the switch to show what scene is currently in use. You won't then know what scene it will go to (except from memory) when you press it.

Additionally, as mentioned before, the current scene name displayed in big text on the main display.

Anyway... This isn't the first time the topic has come up.

Your best option is to submit a wish for an alternate behavior.
Re: current name. It’s how how one interprets that definition. Current # of the active scene or current # of that switch only? I want the latter.

And yes... one would have keep mental tabs on what each switch was set to do. Fortunately there’s only 3!

I will indeed submit this suggestion. Thanks!

Sean Meredith-Jones

Re: current name. It’s how how one interprets that definition. Current # of the active scene or current # of that switch only? I want the latter.

And yes... one would have keep mental tabs on what each switch was set to do. Fortunately there’s only 3!

I will indeed submit this suggestion. Thanks!

Sean Meredith-Jones
Get an an FC-12... The problem multiplies ;)

I think the thing to remember is that the literal name of the label is "current name".

There is only ever one current scene and hence only ever 1 current name for that scene.

I'm in the camp that never uses this, though I do understand what you're asking for, which is basically: show the scene in use for the scene toggle button that I last pressed but don't change the other scene toggle switches I haven't pressed.

I still personally don't understand the need for the switch to show what scene is currently in use. You won't then know what scene it will go to (except from memory) when you press it.

Additionally, as mentioned before, the current scene name displayed in big text on the main display.

Anyway... This isn't the first time the topic has come up.

Your best option is to submit a wish for an alternate behavior.

another perspective. I use scene toggle all the time.
i use
sw1 toggle scenes 1-4
sw2 toggle scenes 2-5
sw3 toggle scenes 3-6

many times i switch to a song (i use one preset per song) and i see sw 1 is engauged but i have to go against years of thought process and assure myself that its really scene 4 (my intro preset with airy blissful pad like verbs and delays and not my rhythm plexi drive sound that is on scene one. I too would love it if it said ( scene 4 ambience) just to be sure before i hit my first note through full PA in full theater :0). Then i can hit scene one when the band comes in.
then when i hit my lead scene 3 on sw 3 , sw 1 can go to scene 1 like it does naturally. I just tell it that the patch loads on scene 4 (if i remember to save it that way) :0)

i do lean over and doubke check sometimes in the main display. But i do wish that was bigger in some way. Like i big number of the scene I'm on. Like a big 4 filling that empty space on the right. :0) (old eyes)

ideally would be.
sw 1 toggles scenes 1-4. Shows say 4 on preset set up
sw 2 toggles scenes 2-5. Shows scene 2
sw 3 toggles scenes 3-6. Shows scene 3

hit sw 3 it shows scene 3
sw 1 shows scene 1
sw 2 still shows scene 2

hit sw 1 it shows scene 1
sw 2 still scene 2
sw 3 still scene 3

hit sw 1 again it shows scene 4
sw 2 still scene 2 but its a little pissed off you haven't hit it yet :0)
sw 3 still shows scene 3

i hope this makes sense. I agree it comes down to years of working with midi controllers and switching systems. Ive gitten better at it but i have hit the wrong button at the wrong time many times. :0) when i use my FM3 with an FC 6 i dont yse scene toggle and all is right with the world. :0)

"one switch one scene". Captain america ...wait..what wrong slogan. One world one preset? Nope. Hmm one fractal per person ? Something like that. :0). Keep in mind i am on prescribed medication right now

I came here to ask this same question...almost exact same as OP: toggle 1/4, 2/5, and 3/6 while displaying current scene name (displaying destination name is counterintuitive to me).
I decided to just have it display "Both #' on the mini-display label. Then, on the main display, it highlights the current scene in the list in yellow. I can quickly scan if it is highlighted yellow up high in the main display list (scenes 1, 2, and 3) or down low (scenes 4, 5, 6). At least, with my crappy eyes, I hope I can work with that. First gig outdoors in the sun should be loads of fun.
This unit can do nearly anything; it's frustrating when it doesn't do exactly what you want it to. I'd also love to have the color ring assignable to each scene so that it displays a different color for each scene.

Showing the destination is quite intuitive. There's never any guess work as to where that switch will take you. You just have to use the main screen as your current scene indicator. The existing wish list item for larger scene name fonts on the main screen would help a lot though too.

Showing the destination is quite intuitive. There's never any guess work as to where that switch will take you. You just have to use the main screen as your current scene indicator. The existing wish list item for larger scene name fonts on the main screen would help a lot though too.
As I said, it's counterintuitive to me. 30 years of every preset (scene, patch, whatever you call it) I've ever used always showing me what I am on. That's my comfort zone. I am indeed using the main screen as an indicator (and the 'Both #' setting puts [ ] brackets around the current preset)...I hope I can see them ok on stage. My eyesight is terrible. Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom