"Toggle Scene 1/2" always return to scene 1 from another scenes

aens

Experienced
I've been struggling with this for a long time already. Is it possible to make the "Toggle Scene 1/2" to always return to scene 1 when pressing the switch from another scenes? I'm using scene 4 as a lead scene, and it's frustrating to have to double tap the switch if I have to return to scene 1.

Thanks!

I don't think that is possible. The toggle scene IAs switch to the state they are currently not in, so if that IA is in the scene 1 state, the next press will toggle the scene 2 state. That's why you need a second press to get back to scene 1. You'll probably have to use individual scene switches to be able to always go directly to specific scenes.

Sounds like a two button solution any way you do it. I don't know of a way to may the S1-2 button do that as it is designed to simply switch its state from 1 to 2, regardless of what the AX8 may be doing at that moment. I can see the usefulness of it being able to do what you say though.

If you do a lot of toggling from Scene 1 to Scene 2, then there is a setting for which scene is the default when the preset loads, so you could set a "P" or preset button to reload the preset, which would come up as Scene 1 by default. Of course the same thing is accomplished if you simply have a S1 and S2 button programmed. Just one more way to skin the proverbial cat.

This should be possible with the scene switches configured as a linked group. It might be necessary to configure them all as general use type. I'm not sure what would happen if you just linked them as they are now.

For the Scene 1/2 toggle, configure a CC so "on" state loads scene 1, "off" state loads scene 2. Set other switches' "on" values to load other scenes. Disable the option to send the "off" command when another switch in the group is pressed. You can only link up to 5 switches, but remember that any of them could toggle between any 2 scenes with this method.

This should be possible with the scene switches configured as a linked group. It might be necessary to configure them all as general use type. I'm not sure what would happen if you just linked them as they are now.

For the Scene 1/2 toggle, configure a CC so "on" state loads scene 1, "off" state loads scene 2. Set other switches' "on" values to load other scenes. Disable the option to send the "off" command when another switch in the group is pressed. You can only link up to 5 switches, but remember that any of them could toggle between any 2 scenes with this method.
I knew I could count on you guys! Thank you so much!

I'll try this as soon as I get back to my MFC-101.

Back
Top Bottom