Toe Switch On SP1 Via FC-6 To Change Scene?

Davus PG

Inspired
Apologies if this has come up before and I've tried following the manual but I have my 1st gig with the III in a few hours and am trying to set up the toe switch of my Mission SP1 to change to a scene in one of my presets.

I could take my foot off the SP1 and just switch scenes on the FC-6 but would be easier and quicker from the SP1

Any help greatly appreciated

Thank you

How have you tried to do this? Stand in switches? Do you have the switch jack from the SP1 connected to a Switch connector? Are you using a TRS Cable?

Ah - no - I have the swicth jack from the SP1 connected to Pedal 2 on the FC-6

But yes it is a TRS cable
The SP1 should have two Outputs. One for the pedal and one for the switch. The pedal output (output 1) should connect to a pedal jack on the FC and the switch output (output 2) should connect to a switch Jack on the FC. So 2 TRS cables have to be used. Then as Chris indicated, your quickest route to getting it working is probably a stand in switch.

I've not used one but I seem to recall reading that the switch jack on these pedals was designed to be connected to a pedal jack... Maybe I'm wrong?

Also, I think for a single switch you would want a TS cable?

@unix-guy, my experience with the SP1 was with my RJM MM/GT. In that case, you definitely go Output 1 to an XP jack and Output 2 to an XS jack:

http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki/index.php?title=Expression_Pedal_Compatibility

The SP 1 manual makes no special stipulation either, referring to the toe switch merely as a “switch”:

https://missionengineering.com/wp-c.../Mission-Expression-Pedals-User-Guide_web.pdf

I have not yet connected any expression pedals to the FC and when I eventually do, think I will be using the EP1 instead of the SP1.

@unix-guy, my experience with the SP1 was with my RJM MM/GT. In that case, you definitely go Output 1 to an XP jack and Output 2 to an XS jack:

http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki/index.php?title=Expression_Pedal_Compatibility

The SP 1 manual makes no special stipulation either, referring to the toe switch merely as a “switch”:

https://missionengineering.com/wp-c.../Mission-Expression-Pedals-User-Guide_web.pdf

I have not yet connected any expression pedals to the FC and when I eventually do, think I will be using the EP1 instead of the SP1.
Cool... I only have EP-1 pedals...

Seems odd that they use a TRS for a single switch.

I've not used one but I seem to recall reading that the switch jack on these pedals was designed to be connected to a pedal jack... Maybe I'm wrong?

Also, I think for a single switch you would want a TS cable?

Mission may have changed the switches at some point. I bought my SP-1's around 2009 (I think) and shortly thereafter had to order replacement toe switches from Mission to make them work with the MFC-101. I don't remember the exact details, but since then I have always gone into the switch jacks on both the FC-12 and MFC-101 with no trouble.

Mission may have changed the switches at some point. I bought my SP-1's around 2009 (I think) and shortly thereafter had to order replacement toe switches from Mission to make them work with the MFC-101. I don't remember the exact details, but since then I have always gone into the switch jacks on both the FC-12 and MFC-101 with no trouble.
That would be interesting if they did. That would mean the date of manufacture would dictate compatibility and setup.

The original concept was that many Midi controllers at the time didn’t have Switch jacks, only Expression, so they designed it to use a TRS which is what Expression jacks use.

It’d be good to know if this changed at some point.

Thank you for all the replies

Have yet to set it up as a stand in switch and just used the FC6 to change scenes for Sat, but will try it soon

1st Outing with the III was a great success though and my initial concerns about the FC-6 not being enough have been totally blown away.

Love the versatility and size - was well worth the wait.

Set up at the gig was a breeze too - SKB Shallow 4U rack, Pedaltrain Classic 2 and main guitar in one trip from the car, backup guitar and backpack on the 2nd trip. Within 5 mins I was set up and ready to go - and it sounded superb. Very happy!

I have a new SP1 (only a month old) I will play with this tomorrow night but I've already used the "switch" part of my SP1 into my FC-6 Pedal 2 with TRS to TRS cable and assigned it to other functions (they all work: like wah on/off, or fuzz on/off, etc.) I will try the SP 1 toe switch as a "stand in switch" tomorrow night

BUT having said that - if you try to use the toe switch to constantly do scene changes I don't think you will like using an expression style pedal to engage a toe switch to do scene changes after about the first few dozens such scene changes but that's just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom