Today’s corporate gig

Never been a fan of facing amps & speakers sideways across stage. I went to a Pink Floyd tribute concert recently and the guitarist did that, I was close to the front and it sounded crap (from an audience perspective). I'm sure it sounds great for the musician but for those out front who are too close to benefit from the PA....meh.

That stage looks purdy though 👍
Only the bass amp seems to be set that way... And it should be pretty omnidirectional as far as the audience is concerned.

Wow, y'all are playing some great rooms! My PA system looks very close to the second pic.
So honest question, what are your feelings about carting the III and FC? Mine just came in and it's fantastic, I do have hesitation about bringing a rack but honestly it's not much more than what I already would have brought (amp + HXFX) I have Uber control and NO POWER up front which is VERY nice. I think I need to just chill, ZEN with the rig and enjoy it! Even with headphones at home it sounds stellar.

Wondering how the sound was in that room; the height of the room looks a lot greater than the width.
It was terrible! The room is part of Battle Abbey...near the battle of Hasting site, so 4 stories high and stone! A amazing room, with the largest single piece canvas in the world behind us....but it was the worst I've played for acoustics. Luckily I run iems, so the sound check was interesting, but the gig was great!

Looks like a great gig. Yek. I like the look of your new rack case. too.

...A amazing room, with the largest single piece canvas in the world behind us....

I used to install artwork for a living, and my first thought when I saw your photo was "Damn, I'd hate to be the guy who had to hang that piece." Very impressive backdrop indeed.

Set List or it didn't happen...... ;\

Mainly regular cover stuff.

(61 Songs, 244 minutes)

Alive
Always on the run
American idiot
Angels
Are you gonna go my way
Basket case
Beautiful day
Bitter sweet symphony
Black
Break on through
Bright lights
Brown sugar
Caught in the middle
Chelsea dagger
Come together
Could you be loved
Don't look back in anger
Do you want to
Even flow
Fade out lines
Gay bar
Give it away
God put a smile
Heroes
High and dry
Highway to hell
Howlin / Jean genie
How you like me now
I alone
I bet you look good on the dance floor
I don't wanna be
Iedereen is van de wereld
Killer - Papa
Killing in the name
Lithium
Lonely boy / Miserlou
Love me two times
Mr. Brightside
No one knows
One way or another
Personal jesus
Poep in je hoofd
Psycho
Purple rain
Remedy
Roadhouse blues
7 nation army
Sex on fire
Somebody to love
Song 2
Take me out
The Pretender
Thinking out loud
Thunderstruck
Tick tick boom
Tie your mother down
Wake up
Walk this way
Warning
Whole lotta love
Wonderwall

I'm actually not fond of corporate gigs. I much prefer playing in crowded bars. But this one was fun.

A few songs were new on our list:

"Personal Jesus" in Marylin Manson's version is an awesome song to do, with a Bender fuzz and added effects (filters, Whammy).

"Caught in the middle" by Temperance Movement is not a well-known song here, but catchy and dancable enough for the audience.

And Gary Clarke Jr's version of "Come Together" was also received very well, and I love every opportunity I get to throw in an Octavia (and Bass Synth).

I'm actually not fond of corporate gigs. I much prefer playing in crowded bars. But this one was fun.

A few songs were new on our list:

"Personal Jesus" in Marylin Manson's version is an awesome song to do, with a Bender fuzz and added effects (filters, Whammy).

"Caught in the middle" by Temperance Movement is not a well-known song here, but catchy and dancable enough for the audience.

And Gary Clarke Jr's version of "Come Together" was also received very well, and I love every opportunity to throw in an Octavia (and Bass Synth).

I'm not fond of corporate gigs either, but when they pay well we do them if the schedule permits.
But I love that you do stuff like Alive, Black, Even Flow, Killing in the name of and Poep in je hoofd at corporate gigs..........ok obviously just kidding with the last one, don't know the dutch titled ones :cool:
Your new songs are all well chosen, PJ and CT both absolute classics that never gets cheesy, Caught in the middle is a very fine less obvious choice to set you apart from other cover bands I'd think.
Fun thread

Nice list, we play some similar stuff. Seems pretty "edgey" for a corporate gig? I was expecting more R & B, etc... I'd love to get into the corporate scene just to make more coin so I can afford more gear :)
I'll have to check out Gary Clarke Jr's version of Come Together.

Based on Google Translate, Poep in je hoofd sounds like a very interesting song, lol.

Just put the title through Google translate - Too funny as I choose that one title because mixing english and danish, that's what I thought it sounded like it would mean :)

Dutch is sometimes completely impossible to understand for me, but many times mixing english, danish and german I can make out quite a bit of what is said or written in dutch.
As a young guy I played a lot in Holland and I used to have a girlfriend who lived in Amsterdam, so I've been around dutch and the dutch quite a bit - lovely, intelligent, kind and down to earth people the dutch.

Back
Top Bottom