to use builtin sound card, not axe fx 2

GBminA

I don't know if it's possible and i couldn't find any subject about that.

I have an iMac and axe fx 2 and they are interconnected with usb so axe fx works as audio interface their with reference monitors.
And also i use Logic pro x as a DAW with superior drummer VST plugin.

What i want is that superior drummer or DAW (i don't know which one is possible) should use iMac builtin sound card for processing but sound should come from reference monitors connected with axe fx. I don't want to keep axe fx cpu busy for DAW or others.

I know one option is to use a audio interface like focusrite, m-audio, apogee etc. but that's an another story.

Any idea?

Last edited:
If you route Logic X's audio I/O through the Axe-FX, then SD should be sending digital audio signal though logic to AFX. The AFX will only process guitar sound. The iMac and Logic do all Logic's processing, and send out a digital audio signal to the output card. Hope this makes sense!

Edit:

By my understanding, the sound cards on computers are used to convert audio to digital/ analog and back, while the cpu actually processes the SD sounds (mostly effects) and the Ram stores the sound samples. Typically sound cards to not additionally process audio, unless theres some 'room-correction' or sound-card effects specific to the sound cards (i.e. sound blaster cards add weird filtering if you chose).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom