To the guys who already have a III.....

firmani99

Inspired
To all of the beta testers out there.....What's it like? Are there firmware updates almost daily in preparation for official launch or has it been pretty much static since you got it? Just curious. Now that I think of it, can you even talk about that stuff?

Starting to get really excited knowing that it could be any day now!

I would also be curious to hear how the beta program works, while of course, respecting any privacy that FAS wants to maintain around it.

All of the beta testers signed a nondisclosure agreement, which is why you won’t always get as much information as you’d like.

Dang... that would have been fun... hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Beta testing is fun, but it’s also a lot of work. My guess is that many of these same testers also test firmware releases, etc. I would imagine the months preceding the announcement involved a whole lot of load, test, report, repeat.

Of course, nothing gets outside the walls except what the company oks. I appreciate the guys getting the unit ready for us, and the tidbits FAS has allowed to trickle down.

I think everyone should experience beta testing if given the opportunity. You really gain an appreciation for how much work goes into a product. It can be fun, but 90% of the time it’s tedious and frustrating. I beta tested a video game a few years back, and spent an entire day running the character into a corner of the map trying to replicate a glitch found by another tester. Nearly went mad hearing the “ugh” sound effect every time the character collided with the wall.

Kudos to the testers!

I think everyone should experience beta testing if given the opportunity. You really gain an appreciation for how much work goes into a product. It can be fun, but 90% of the time it’s tedious and frustrating. I beta tested a video game a few years back, and spent an entire day running the character into a corner of the map trying to replicate a glitch found by another tester. Nearly went mad hearing the “ugh” sound effect every time the character collided with the wall.

Kudos to the testers!
Ive worked at a software company for over 10 years supporting dev and qa, its a rough painstaking process though as a guitarist I'd welcome the opportunity to beta FAS if I have the time.

I'm sure once the first wave ships out they will have the NDA lifted and the videos and comments will begin to come in healthy supply. I'm looking forward to some tutorials while I wait out my III to arrive.

Back
Top Bottom