To Mayer or Not to Mayer, that is the question ....(hint...I’m going.)

Mayer Tonight?

• yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bradlake

Axe-Master
The opportunity has arisen to see John Mayer and his band tonight in United Center (where the Bulls and Hawks lose) , and was wondering if any of you have seen him on this latest tour..Ive enjoyed his work with Dead and Co, but not a fan of his earlier hits. It seems he has evolved since then though....and would like to see what he does with that Silver sky...whaddya think...(he's not touring a III...is he? that would probly seal the deal for moi..

Why would you not?!?!? Crazy question. OF COURSE YOU GO SEE JOHN MAYER.

His live show is far, far different from his recorded work.

He's not touring with the III. He's got his PRS, a Dumble and a Two Rock up there AFAIK.

He's not touring with the III. He's got his PRS, a Dumble and a Two Rock up there AFAIK.
somehow I knew where you would stand on this.......;) but thanks for the encouragement and rig info...enjoy your vaca. !

Man, I really dislike politics. Why would you want to go see the mayor. O wait...
We had a mayor Jane (Byrne) decades ago, but now we have a Lori Lightfoot, and betcha she’s a John Mayer fan....(she attended the recent Stones show..)

Yup, that Dumble and whatever else he had up there sounded pretty dam sweet, and the Silver Sky really sang along with at least two other PRSes
And some gorgeous acoustic axes , but IMO, the FOH mix in general sorta fell victim to the dubious acoustics of United Center , at least in my (not-prime -but dead center) seat.

Yup, that Dumble and whatever else he had up there sounded pretty dam sweet, and the Silver Sky really sang along with at least two other PRSes
And some gorgeous acoustic axes , but IMO, the FOH mix in general sorta fell victim to the dubious acoustics of United Center , at least in my (not-prime -but dead center) seat.

So glad you went @bradlake!! I only saw this thread a few minutes ago.

Did he play any Fender Strats or was it only PRS Silver Sky the whole gig (with acoustics of course)?

Back
Top Bottom