To Gordius users

Sgt.Alexx

Inspired
Hi all

Just got my Gordius Little Giant and is playing with it as we speek. It's a thick manual, but I'm slowly working my way through it!

I'm having trouble getting the Little Giant to appear on my computer. I'm on a mac with parallells and are mailing back and forth with Xavier to resolve the problem, but for now I'm only in the Little Giant meny. I anyone has done this successfully, please let me know. It appears that the Little Giant is not recognized as a midi unit.

A few questions though:
1. In the manual it says that I should set up a Gordius spesific TunerDisplay ON/OFF message to make the tuner appear in the Little Giant display, but I don't have these options. I only have a TunerRequest, but that doesn't seem to do the trick. I've set it up as a stomp box with messagestream 1: TuneRequest and CC 127, and messagestream 2: CC 000 and TuneRequest. So what am I doing wrong? :)

2. How do I set up the Little Giant so that the tapped tempo is showed on the tap tempo button I use on the Little Giant?

Apart from those two small issues I must say, as a total noob on this kind of midi programming, that the Little Giant is a pleasure to programme! :)

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have an LG, unfortunately I don't have it handy at the moment and I also use a windows PC so I'll try to help. I can't answer the tap tempo question as I don't use it but for the tuner you should be using the "tuner display" message. I always program using the Gordius Control Center and this is one of the messages in the message type box on the patch setup page. Are you sure you have the latest firmware in your LG as this is a relatively new feature?

The TunerDisplay and TapTempo messages are indeed special messages set up through ControlCenter (TunerRequest is a regular MIDI message, not supported by the Axe-FX)

So actually Aleks needs help in getting the MIDI-USB device working through Parallels on Mac, so that he can do patchdumps from the editor. Unfortunately I can't afford a Mac to experiment with this myself....

Yep, Xavier told me that by e-mail now :)

The Tuner and TapTempo are ControlCenter-specials and not available through the LG menu it self.

I have the latest firmware.

So I guess my pain in the ass is getting the LG to appear in Parallells. It shows up as a usb-device, but not as a midi-device. Oh well, I'll just keep on trying.

Loving the LG so far :)

Sgt.Alexx said:
Yep, Xavier told me that by e-mail now :)

just for your information: ossandust = Xavier ;)

by the way, have you tried asking your questions at the Gordius Yahoo group?
It's more likely to find help there as there aren't that much Gordius users around here.

Seb

Sebastian said:
just for your information: ossandust = Xavier ;)

Haha, ok :)

Yeah, he told me about that too, but I actually have to set up a yahoo e-mail to join. Kind of annoying..

Sgt.Alexx said:
Yeah, he told me about that too, but I actually have to set up a yahoo e-mail to join. Kind of annoying..

I don't have any yahoo email, yet I'm member of several Yahoo groups, and moderator on a few of them. I think all you need is any email address to receive the member approval email (same procedure as this forum I believe), and to receive messages if you choose to use email for that. If you use the forum online only, you can just create a temporary hotmail address to get through the subscription process, that's it.
After that it's indeed a good idea to have Gordius specific questions asked on http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/GORDIUS/
Not a very active forum, but it has the correct target audience...

( A new website with own hosted forum is planned - but not for the very near future )

Regards,
Xavier

Weird. I have to create a Yahoo id to join and when I try that I have to create a yahoo.com, ymail.com or rocketmail.com account.

Sgt.Alexx said:
Weird. I have to create a Yahoo id to join and when I try that I have to create a yahoo.com, ymail.com or rocketmail.com account.

You're right Aleks, they must have changed this. Just for a test, I created an extra account and I needed to choose something like "@yahoo.com" indeed. But that didn't bother me actually. I'll never use any @yahoo.com email address. For login I just type the username/password I created. After creating the new account I changed the linked email address from the yahoo thing to an existing one. Apart from that I did need to tell them that I'm male, born January 1st 1900 and the make of my first car was a Ford T - curious to know which target audience I am now in for getting spammed :)

Back
Top Bottom