To FRFR or to powered PA speakers?

Bushy

Inspired
I'd assume the powered pa speaker route is affordable, much more versatile, and enough with the fancy labelling! Unless you can afford it of course lol!

When I was new here I was drawn to buy the new ISP Technologies Vector FS8 FRFR due to hype plus got 15% off the $599 price tag. I also bought a pair of used Electro-Voice ZLX12P powered PA speakers for vocals. Little did I know, the latter could have been my FRFR as well but no regrets here.

The ISP Technologies Vector FS8 has a full range switch as well as a traditional guitar cab switch.

If you had these, how would you go on to combine the 3? My pedal right now is a Boss SY-300 guitar synth though I'm shopping for another pedal that isn't a guitar synth.

No I haven't been on stage lol. Was just curious for future reference what I can do or not. BTW, when amps are mic'd or sent to FOH, does it matter if my guitar cab has a 6.5" speaker? I'm looking into getting the ZT lunchbox cab.

Sure could, that works fine.
Do you do this already, is there something about it not working for you?

If for home, I would flip the switch on the ISP to cab, send a dry amp signal to it with no cab modeling on out2, and set it in the center.
Then split the two EVs wide and send the the whole enchilada to them through out1 for a w/d/w set up. :p

Back
Top Bottom