To Fractal: Can we get short answer to Simple Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjjp2

Power User
Will units be offered to the waiting list only after *all* demand has dried up at the higher price through the website? Or will some be allocated to both contemporaneously. In other words, if you produce 5-10 a day and they all sell out on the website every day, do we not reach the waiting list?

I see a lot of people asking this question, but I haven't seen any answers.

Thanks.

I am not nor work for Fractal Audio! I just play him on TV. :)

If memory serves me well.....maybe not...but back in olden days...if you wanted an Ultra NOW then you could jump ahead in line and pay the premium price or wait your damn turn for the coupon code and email.

Once the list was no more the price on the website went back to norm and all the little starving children around the world broke fresh bread and dreamed of the II.

So There...

Don't count on getting an answer. It's been asked a bunch of times, not answered yet. But based on yesterday and today, no coupons, all units sold at higher price, the list will be served once they stop selling out at the higher price

Don't count on getting an answer. It's been asked a bunch of times, not answered yet. But based on yesterday and today, no coupons, all units sold at higher price, the list will be served once they stop selling out at the higher price

Now everyone is starting to get it ....

I am not nor work for Fractal Audio! I just play him on TV. :)

If memory serves me well.....maybe not...but back in olden days...if you wanted an Ultra NOW then you could jump ahead in line and pay the premium price or wait your damn turn for the coupon code and email.

Once the list was no more the price on the website went back to norm and all the little starving children around the world broke fresh bread and dreamed of the II.

So There...

Trying to get an official answer so we don't have to speculate.

Hoping a straightforward polite question will get a similar answer.

supply_and_demand.gif

You don't have to speculate. There is evidence. We even have second-hand reporting from someone who called FA today.

Those who pay extra can/will get them first. The waiting list can/will wait.

Universal Healthcare vs. Privatized Healthcare. Wait to be cured or pay to be cured.. Of course our illness is that of securing material goods and not of the life and death sort.

My fellow Americans. I am Howard Humphrey, President of Schooner Tuna. All of us here at Schooner Tuna sympathize will all of you hit so hard by these trying economic times. In order to help you we are reducing the price of Schooner Tuna by 50 cents a can. When this crisis is over, we will go back to our regular prices. Until then, remember, we’re all in this together. Schooner Tuna. The tuna with a heart.

It was available at the advertised price last week in very short supply. Sunday they decided to implement a waiting list. The price was raised to help slow demand a little so that they could properly administer the wait list. When your number comes up on the wait list you receive a $400 coupon to bring the price back down to $2199.

There is a sticky thread at the top of this section of the forum about it.

I don't understand why people on the list are not afforded the opportunity to pay the higher price. I thought the purpose of a waiting list was that some sort of organization can be setup to make it fair. Why not go down the list and offer the higher price to those in line and if they say no, open it up to everyone?

Suggestion for Fractal. Email everyone on the list and ask who is willing right now to pay the higher price. Then, keep the list in tact for users who want to be on the lower priced list.

I don't understand why people on the list are not afforded the opportunity to pay the higher price. I thought the purpose of a waiting list was that some sort of organization can be setup to make it fair. Why not go down the list and offer the higher price to those in line and if they say no, open it up to everyone?

Suggestion for Fractal. Email everyone on the list and ask who is willing right now to pay the higher price. Then, keep the list in tact for users who want to be on the lower priced list.

Um, they are. Click add to cart. If one is available, buy it. Done.

Thanks for the answer but, how about a waiting list and everybody gets in line, first come first serve, same price for everyone. Simple. There is no way to justify advertising a product at one price and raise it before it's even available. Sorry that's just how I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom