To buy or not to buy?

rtcook

Experienced
I am wanting to purchase a new XL+ but I am suspicious of whether a new rack model is coming out. I know this has been talked about, but some assurance from a Fractal employee would help me settle my suspicions. If I should go ahead and buy I will and put my II up for sale.

Thanks for any input,

Roger

Since the floorboard version was just released I highly doubt they have another "big product" in the pipeline for the next two years.
Especially since we just got an update that reduces CPU load, so they can fit more stuff in.

I am wanting to purchase a new XL+ but I am suspicious of whether a new rack model is coming out. I know this has been talked about, but some assurance from a Fractal employee would help me settle my suspicions. If I should go ahead and buy I will and put my II up for sale.

Thanks for any input,

Roger

I agree, now that the AX8 is due out the guys at Fractal will be concentrating on that. I've recently bought an XL + and can't be happier it's a fantastic piece of kit. If only I had the rest of the cash to complete the whole rig lol

Thanks for any input,

Roger

As mentioned the AX-8 is about to launch and it shares the same algorithms as the XL+ and benefits from the same updates. my guess is the XL+ is future proof for quite a while.

Thanks for any input,

Roger

If you add your phone number to your question, Cliff will usually call you and give you the rundown of all of his business plans.

If you add your phone number to your question, Cliff will usually call you and give you the rundown of all of his business plans.
If you add your email too , Cliff will also give you his monthly P&L ...

No chance now. It will be a while. There would have to be a really, really good reason to go through the process of releasing a new flagship. Give it a couple years, at least.

A new MFC with some of the improvements on the AX8 in the works? Probably.

The possibility of a major hardware update doesn't phase me... I am almost ready to jump onboard (music room taking longer than expected to build) and I personally have no hesitation in making my purchase.

For a major hardware update, such as Axe FX III, there would have to be some compelling business reason driven also by substantial improvements in DSP/CPU availability/price. At this point does such a situation exist..? Difficult to say and only Cliff can really answer that question, but I suspect that for all the right reasons he won't reveal his cards/plans.

In fact, the question the OP is posing could apply to many different business arenas... home computers, cameras and camcorders, TVs, cars, etc.

Why wait? You could wait a lifetime thinking 'ah but in x months...' - simple fact of life is that there is always something better, or something different, around the corner, but a lot of the time we just can't see how far away that corner is.

You want the best? Get an XL+ The most amazing piece of gear I've ever bought! (although mine is just a "lowly" XL :lol)

Back
Top Bottom