TMA sounds like it has room reverb

Heavyplayer

Experienced
As the title says...anyone else noticed this? I use the TMA a lot and it sounds like the cab blocks (room reverb) when using it. Any way to change this?

I posted a thread about this earlier and I'm afraid I agree with you.
I described it as being boxy and there being less high frequencies.

I noticed too. No matter how I had the TM block set, or how good the quality of the sound file I was trying to match was, I couldn't get rid of the reverb like sound.

I had made some sound clips (Wave files) of my favorite 9.02 patches so I could use them for TMing if 10.00 killed my tones (it did). The files are just a single track of rhythm playing with the tone completely dry. I tried doing several TMs last night with them, but all the results were pretty unusable.

Last edited:
I just tried to do a ToneMatch and agree that it sounds "boxy". That is the best description of it. Sounds like you are inside a container or something.

Hopefully this isn't being overlooked. I'm sure once those who try to Tone match their cabs hear the difference, then it will get the attention it deserves.

Maybe there is a new setting that we have to use. I did notice that you can record your reference tone and guitar tone at the same time, which I thought was cool.

Okay, so I was playing around with the TMA and came to the conclusion it needs to be reworked....like I needed to tell you all that. ;)
However, I found a temporary work around that gets decent results. Try these settings and tell me if they work better. They do for me, but still need to be reworked.

USB - Ref Chan left, Local left, Ref solo off, Avg time here is where it gets tricky I found 0.686 gives me better results. And DON'T use high resolution, this is where it gets nasty.

Let me know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom