TMA issues with 10.02

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg that sounds bad, I find TM's all have a very very slight version of that, even when they were 'good'.

Bizarre. I really would like to get to the bottom of this but no one on the beta team has had any issues like this.

Are they leaving everything at the default settings while TMing (Offline)? I tried the exact track that was done in the TM tutorial note for note, and it sounds like the above clip, like reverb/tunnel sounding. But if I use ONLY the top two strings it will usually sound good. I don't get it.

I have not messed with Tone Match too much really, but out of curiosity I downloaded JohnnyGuitarMan's patch and it sounded hollow and bad like in his recording. So I played with Tone Match myself for a while and discovered a few things that may help us all figure out the problem (or maybe not, but here goes).

In all of the below, my source was set to USB, reference channel left, local channel left, avg time 3.5 seconds, amount 100%, smoothing 0%, resolution = high, mode=Offline. I did not use AxeEdit in any way.

1.Tone Matched myself to prove it can work correctly
- Recorded the sound of a preset with just an amp and cab.
- Removed the cab and inserted a TM block
- Played back the recording and captured it with X
- Played same thing myself again and captured it with Y
- Press enter to match = Worked perfectly

2. Same process, but this time instead of playing back the same thing locally as what I played in the recording (which was an A2 chord played at the open position), I played nothing but a high E note at the 12th fret. The Local window looked a lot like the window in JohnnyGuitarMan's patch (lots of spikes in the local window)- Pressed Enter to process and the resulting tone sounded like the hollow weirdness in JohnnyGuitarMan's patch

There was some other stuff I noticed that may cause unexpected behavior.

A. - After messing with the Tone Match block in my test preset, I went to a totally different preset and added a Tone Match block. The curves from my capturing activities in the test preset were still there. The TM block did not clear out the data. Point being that obviously this could introduce data into the process that had nothing to do with the new preset I was working on.

Hope this helps someone.
Back
Top Bottom