TMA issues with 10.02

Wow, something is seriously wrong with that. It sounds like a phase issue to me. Is there something that should be muted that isn't?

I've never tone matched but if it sounds like this I don't think I'll bother.

Wow, something is seriously wrong with that. It sounds like a phase issue to me. Is there something that should be muted that isn't?

I've never tone matched but if it sounds like this I don't think I'll bother.

It use to not sound like this in V9. Im using the same mogg files i used when doing matches in V9 as I am in V10 but the results are definitely not the same.

You definitely have a problem on your end. Tonematch is working well for me. Sounds like a phase issue. I have noticed it was alot easier in 9 to get great matches. They should just put the fw9 tm code back in.

Tried-

Offline,
live,
Left,
Right,
Sum,
Feeding it from iTunes,
from logic.

Tried creating a new patch from scratch, tried old patches where tonematch is fine. Still getting the same results.

Bit puzzled........

As I stated in another post, there is still a issue with TM. IF, you just do a easy riff using (E,A string, depending on your tuning) you will get better results. What you played here is the typical sound you get playing anything lower then what I described. Until this gets figured out, don't play anything note for note, just play a random riff on the top two strings and it will sound way better. Anything other will sound like what you're hearing here, doesn't matter if it's Offline or Live.

10.02 in OFFLINE mode is identical to V9.

Dear Cliff, please, believe me, I hate complaining, I find it tedious and I know that it always leaves some kind of bad taste in the mouth. But I would never complain if I wasn't convinced that something is wrong. I love my Axe II, I loved it with V9, I grew to love it with V10, but I always treasured tone matching and it was always the feature that gave me the most fun with my unit. Now I don't understand what is going on, and I absolutely believe you that offline mode is identical to V9.
Couldn't it be possible that the problem is not within the TM block itself but at some other point interacting with the TM?

10.02 in OFFLINE mode is identical to V9.

I use the same mogg files for both V9 and V10 and the results aren't the same. I get better results in V10 when I use "live" and play along to the track and use my toe to stop the TM block (which is why I made the modifier start/stop wish). But if I play along and then hold a chord while the track keeps playing, that 1/2 second I reach for the "enter" button and the reference is playing something different than what I am playing, the TM comes out phased. This didn't happen in V9 and even when I use my toe to stop the ref/local I still think the results were better in V9.

When I jumped back to 9.02 there was nothing there. Every preset was blank. No amp blocks or anything, and I couldn't go into the grid screen either. Then I jumped back to V10 and it was normal. That freaked me out. Did I do something wrong?

When I jumped back to 9.02 there was nothing there. Every preset was blank. No amp blocks or anything, and I couldn't go into the grid screen either. Then I jumped back to V10 and it was normal. That freaked me out. Did I do something wrong?

It's because you have V10 presets loaded, but you should still be able to setup the grid for a TM without loading a bank of V9 presets.

Don't let it freak you out though, you won't break anything!

Back
Top Bottom