TM a soulful female voice?

kerrlehr

Experienced
I am one of these guys who is always thinking of abstract musical (and other) concepts.
So, I'm thinking of what else can be done with this new Tone Matching tool.

Would it make sense, or even be possible to TM a really full and soulful female voice singing and apply it to a cleanish amp ie Shiver Clean, or maybe a bit more grit with a Buttery amp to achieve a super lush "singing" lead tone???
Sorry if this is off the beaten path but it seems like an interesting concept.

Any thoughts on this concept??

I have done vocal tone matching, though not extensively. Found it to be boxy but it was a male voice. You could apply the tone matched result to some of the spacial patches.

Yes, I think it may be a fun exploration of tonal possibilties. The key to over "boxiness" or over emphisizing is going to be the correct % of the TM being applied. I think with some patience and imagination, awesome results are to be found. Pioneering new ideas for new results is what this kind of thing is all about. IMHO.

i tried celine's voice. when i input my guitar with a cab sim on, adding the voice TM made it super smooth. with the cab sim off during guitar input, it made it very bad.

case in point: celine dion's voice is not a guitar cabinet! you heard it here folks!

i might have done it wrong... some guitar tones i tried after didn't work too well. so i am not done with celine. i shall return!

i think your just better off sticking to cab IRs and tone matching guitar rigs. we can change the geometry of our mouth as we sing, which is what makes it nice to listen to. We can sing the same word and note 50 different ways depending on how we want it to sound. Imagine if our mouths were just boxes with lips... singing would sound shit. Your'e not gonna get much value from capturing by an IR or eq curve of a human voice.

Back
Top Bottom