TipTik vs Tucana

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
I have been playing the Trip for a while now and LOVE it. I see all this talk about the Tucana recently. I already know what the company web site says about the two. Have any of you played both Axe models? How do they compare?

Hat tip to all you guys that love the BE/HBE or whatever other amp models we've got...

...but the Triptik is my favorite amp in the box!
Honestly, I look at that model as worthy of the price of admission alone.

EDIT: disclaimer: I haven't spent as much time with the Tuc as I'd like to, but it's definitely on my radar as well. Wish I could give a better comparison, since I think that's what you're asking for?

What I love about the Triptik...
Cleans: Best cleans in the box IMO. lots of chime & bloom, can get a nice "glassy" sound that somehow doesn't disappear in the mix. It breaks up nicely when you reeeally push it.
Leads: I'm not a huge fan of the "classic" Triptik model (just not my flavor), but the high gain from this model is ungodly! It reminds me a lot of the Uber - which I also really dig - except without such a flubby, loose bottom end that needs to be cut extensively. This one is just right, plenty of balls, but stays tight and aggressive with a very modern voice.

Last edited:
The Wiki doesn't tell us what suitable cabs though.

What IR do the big boys suggest to use with the TripTik?

I just switched to Triptik 1x12 last week. Still not sure it is a keeper. Prior to that I was using the uber cab with the t75/v30 I use a stereo cab panned center with either a sm57 or e609 mic sim and a r121 mic sim. It sounds killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom