Tips on building a simple cable loom?

Matt_B_77

Power User
I ordered some active Xitone cabs yesterday and I need to build some simple cable looms with a mic cable and power cable for each cab.

My first thought is to just use cable ties to hold the cables together. Seems like it would work even if it wouldn't look very clean.

Any other ideas on how to build these looms better?

I've just used gaffa tape strips in years gone by ...... cable ties have to be put on pretty tight (potential inner cable damage over time I thought) to stop them from creeping and you have knobbly/sharp bits that catch your hand when coiling the cable up after use.

When the gaffa tape starts looking disgusting with dog ears and hairy shit stuck to the edges it's easy to remove/replace.

Second vote for the Split flex sleeve - I've used it in the studio from stands and racks full of electroniocs and it really tidies things up. Importantly, it also allows easy addition or deletion of individual leads when needed.

Thanks
Pauly

Do you ever get noise/interference with the electric being run together with the xlr cable to a powered speaker?

So how exactly do I determine what diameter flex sleeve I need? I would like to order the cables and sleeve at the same time so I can't measure the cables before hand. The only cables going into the sleeves will be the mic cable and power cable.

This is the mic cable I'm looking at and the power cables are going to be the ones that come stock with Xitone cabinets.

So how exactly do I determine what diameter flex sleeve I need? I would like to order the cables and sleeve at the same time so I can't measure the cables before hand. The only cables going into the sleeves will be the mic cable and power cable.

This is the mic cable I'm looking at and the power cables are going to be the ones that come stock with Xitone cabinets.

I use all 3/4" Techflex F6. It is a little loose with just two cables but works okay.

I would say the 1/2" Techflex F6 would work in your application.

I use all 3/4" Techflex F6. It is a little loose with just two cables but works okay.

I would say the 1/2" Techflex F6 would work in your application.
That's what I was thinking too. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Now I just have to wait 2-3 weeks for my cabs to be made. :)

I just finally put together my order from Pedal Python. It's essentially a Techflex kit, and I'm pretty happy with it. You get everything in a package, and it's not really any more expensive than it would cost to buy things separately.

Back
Top Bottom