Tips from the road. :0)

Larry Mitchell

Power User
I played a very cool blues festival last night in Kitchener ontario with the Ellis Hooks band. It started rain hard at the very early 9am sound check as well as during the show. I had posted a few years ago about carrying Zip Loc bags on the road. I have a 2 foot by 1.7 foot zip loc bag that I carry in my case/bag for just these reasons. The clear zip loc bag will let you see your preset names. Switch IA's on and off abd work your expression pedals in the rain while keeping your MFC dry!! You put the whole thing inside the bag and close it leaving just enough space open for the cat 5 cable to go through. I'll post a photo soon

Also the crew for this festival where really great and experienced with fractal gear. The monitor guy Chase even gave a little tip for people using the ultra abd standard. They loved the axe fx II by the way and this tip doesn't apply to axe fx II users. :0)
Sound advise for axe fx users - YouTube

Larry: bummed about the rain but glad to hear you had a good time. K-W is a nice town.

Thanks for the tips!

I use the same large ziplocks for my camera gear in case I get stuck in the rain at a photo shoot, mostly for my bags, not the individual gear. I never thought about packing them for my music stuff!

I just did a drum gig where it completely poured and we weren't under any cover. Just before we went on to play a 15 minute set, it rained like crazy for 4 minutes! All the electronics were covered but my drums weren't. When we started playing it was like an 80s metal video with water splashing everywhere when I hit my drums haha. They asked if I was going to wipe things down before the first song and I said heck no! This is going to be the most awesome downbeat ever!!

Anyway... The ziplocks are usually in the same section as the smaller ones. I think they are called XL or something like that. Way thicker than a garbage bag and clear enough to see what's I it (it has a blue tint).

Great tip, Larry!

I live just around the corner rom the main stage. so it's possible I heard you last night! Just played a gig Uptown Waterloo this aft with my Axe II.

That's a good idea. I have my MFC on a Pedaltrain so I'd need an even larger size. I wonder if something like a drysack that's designed for whitewater rafting would work.

My hometown! Too bad I never knew about it or I'd would've made the trek. Kitchener used to be a real hotbed for blues. Had a bar called, "Pop the Gator". Saw Chris Duarte and Albert Collins there. Smokin' bar for blues. Sorry I missed ya Larry. Maybe next year if you play the blues festival again.

I use the same large ziplocks for my camera gear in case I get stuck in the rain at a photo shoot, mostly for my bags, not the individual gear. I never thought about packing them for my music stuff!

I just did a drum gig where it completely poured and we weren't under any cover. Just before we went on to play a 15 minute set, it rained like crazy for 4 minutes! All the electronics were covered but my drums weren't. When we started playing it was like an 80s metal video with water splashing everywhere when I hit my drums haha. They asked if I was going to wipe things down before the first song and I said heck no! This is going to be the most awesome downbeat ever!!

Anyway... The ziplocks are usually in the same section as the smaller ones. I think they are called XL or something like that. Way thicker than a garbage bag and clear enough to see what's I it (it has a blue tint).

Great tip, Larry!

I used to live in Honolulu and know how those "showers" can come out of nowhere. :)

Good tip, I also used, and STILL use a two channel tube pre with the gen 1.....presonus bluetube

Back
Top Bottom