Tips for Nuclear Tone Amp Model?

barhrecords

Axe-Master
I really want to like the Swart amp. I'm a big fan of the actual amp.

I've got the new Cab Pack 10 with the Mic+DI Swart IR's.

I just haven't found the key to making the Nuclear Tone amp model sing like some others, e.g. Concert 6G12.

Anybody getting "wow" factor out of the Nuclear Tone? I'm not saying it's buggy or wrong. It just comes off as flat to me.

Things I've tried:

- Changing IR's.
- Pre Amp Block EQ
- Post Amp Block EQ
- Bright Cap value
- Transformer match
- Crunch
- Dynamics
- Output Comp
- Input
- Master
- Input Trim
- Pre Amp Block Comp

It was my main amp model before FW18 (at least for my tele and strat), but it doesn't sound the same on FW18. I haven't spent much time with it since 18 though.. just tried it briefly and moved on for now. I've been using my Les Paul almost exclusively for this new project I have going on so I changed gears from using single coils almost all the time to buckers. I'm really into the Morgan amp model right now for that- cleans up incredibly well, even w/buckers.

I'll try to spend some time w/ the Swart and new cab pack and post back any findings. I love the actual amp as well and really had some killer things going on with the model in previous FW's. I tended to run it pretty close to stock settings and use the matching IR- usually trimming some (or quite a bit) bass up front.

I'm on a Les Paul run of shows too :)

Yeah the Morgan is really outstanding for me. As is the Concert 6G12.

A real Swart is very dynamic with my Les Paul Custom. I was hoping for capturing some of that in the Fractal.

But its a first world problem no doubt :) We have 200+ amps to choose from, not bonding with the Swart is not exactly a huge issue )

Thanks Yek,

I left the Treble at 5 while I was trying to get in the ballpark.

I did lower the Input though and compensated with amp block level. I keep all my clean amps a tad over 0 VU in the Utility pages to balance with my gainy stuff.

I find it best to not associate any feelings, good or bad, with real world amps and approach each modeled amp like its a unique offering. I've disliked some I've owned and enjoyed and actually really like others I'd never in a million years see myself using if it was real world.

Sometimes I think it would be better to just have the amps only known by a number, with no other associations.

Player - "Wow this amp #88 sounds amazing".....

Designer - "Amp 88 is based off ______"....

Player - "Eh....I hate that brand, this doesn't sound so good to me now..."

I bumped the Input drive up to 8-ish, and changed the Preamp Tube to Long-Plate (Test, if you're using Axe-Edit). Other than that the settings look like they're pretty close to the factory default. I'm using factory cab F072 4x12 Sorcerer (UR) - seemed to open it up a little. This seemed to help some, but I'm still working on it. I like a little hair on, just a tiny bit, that I can turn back with the guitar a little to clean up, for a sort of vintage tubey tone.

Back
Top Bottom