Tips for Mesa Bookie IV Clean & Cab

Alarto

Inspired
Hi, my guitar wizard friend challenged me for good. He asked me to bring my AXE rig to his studio next week. His favourite rig is simple: Mesa IV combo / clean channel & some clean booster & some nice delay. Hard to admit but I have never played Mesa IV, so I don't know anything about it. I believe we are looking for sounds from funkish clean to break-up rock. All tips for setting the amp and cab for both Fender Strat and Gibson LP guitars is more than appreciated, thank you!

Hi Alarto,

I'm sure that there are others far more qualified than I am to answer your questions specifically, but a few things that work for me when using this excellent model are:

The mid control is a quite powerful tool for altering the gain as well as the girth, and high settings can be compensated for using the mark series GEQ.

Using the pitch block instead of the chorus block seems to suit the character of this particular model.

My go-to cab for the clean channel is the OH 212 MAR-66 EV-L MIX SP2 (also sounds great with the Badger 30 model), but for a factory cab the 1x12 E12L (RW) is also very nice.

I hope you get the answers that you are looking for, and I look forward to reading some more well informed replies to your post.

Also, off topic, I notice you are from the home-town of (in my opinion) the fastest, fairest, and most pure racing driver on the planet, and I hope his team lose out for the way they choose to repay him for his loyalty!

Back
Top Bottom